I've just got to vent!

Help Support Ruger Forum:

375supermag

Blackhawk
Hi...

Personal opinion...a man that makes a deal and then attempts to change the terms, isn't much of a man.

My ex-brother-in-law was given a practically new john boat many years ago.
He offered to sell it to me for $100...I didn't really need a john boat, but thought with a few improvements I could use it on the Susquehanna River here in Pennsylvania to hunt geese. The rules allow one goose per day on land, but three per day on the river.
So I agreed to buy the boat at his stated price.
When I drove out to his house to pick the boat up, he said that some friend had told him he would pay him more for the boat, so he sold it to him. Never gave me an opportunity to match what he offered or bothered to call and tell me what he did. Just let me drive about 50 miles one-way to buy a boat that he had already sold to a friend.

I was pretty upset...not so much about the boat, but that he had broken his word. I thought it was a pretty chickens&#t thing to do.

When my sister filed for divorce from him some years later, he was calling my house everyday crying and asking me to talk her into coming back to him. After about a week or so of constant phone calls, I told him to call his buddy that he sold the john boat to.

I haven't heard from him in quite a few years now. I don't miss him one bit.

Latest posts