I've finally joined the big dogs,,,

Help Support Ruger Forum:

contender

Ruger Guru
Well, for as many Rugers I own, I really haven't owned any that were of the very rare ones. I have several that are harder to find etc,, but for true collector rariety,, I've always been on the porch a little bit.
Well, recently that changed. In a big way.
I managed to find a pair of factory lettered Brass framed guns, in very good condition. And at a VERY, VERY fair price.
One is a BKH-44B and the other one is a S-47B. I was glad to add another OM 45 to my others,,, especially this version.

brassies001.jpg

Hashknife Hartley

Single-Sixer
When you get stuff like that it puts a big smile on your face and a warm spot in your belly for a long time; also tends to flatten your wallet, but who cares; nice pieces.
HH

street

Hunter
Great find, and the wax paper on the .45 is hardly wrinkled. Even back in the old days 70s and 80s it was hard to find 2 boxed factory brass framed guns together. To find them now, well, with that luck you should play the lottery.

BlkHawk73

Hunter
Great now you're making me think I should start getting into the OM collecting area. All this time I've been content with NM's.

contender

Ruger Guru
Yep, boxes, warranty cards, manuels, wax paper, etc all make for some nice packages! Now if I only had the shippers,,,,! :D
I'm waiting on my letters for them now, and that will just add a bit more to them. BTW; The 45 letters as a 4-5/8" but Dougan's new book has it under the longer barrel section. So, while his bok shows 195 of these guns,, I can say that maybe the number should be 196?
Thanks for all the kind words guys. Now if I can just find as good a deal on a Hawkeye,,,!

mike722

Buckeye
I think in the book the short barrel and long barrel brass frame guns' serial numbers are transposed..if I remember correctly the addendum corrected that..
nice guns!

Latest posts