It's in! Boddington 7X57 Leopard

Help Support Ruger Forum:

OIF2

Single-Sixer
Thanks to 'El Numero Uno", I'm finally the owner of a No 1 7X57... this one is the new Boddington Leopard series. Mine is gorgeous, with exceptional color and figure in the Circassian Walnut stock. I've mounted a nice old 3X Lyman "All American" straight tube scope that gives the rifle a proper retro look of an English stalking rifle. With the Warne double-lever rings, it looks like it would be totally at home in Scotland (or Botswana).
I just picked it up today and mounted the scope, so no range test or pix yet...I'll try to get some photos up tomorrow. Range work will have to wait until I secure some Hornady ammo (and some time off). Lee ("El Numero Uno") has a couple more of these around, so if you want one, send him an e-mail. I'm seriously thinking of taking this one to Africa next year. It would be fun shooting my plains game with it.
Bob

OIF2

Single-Sixer
Here they are.

DSC_0403.jpg

DSC_0405.jpg

DSC_0399.jpg

Sorry about the dog's footprint on the left side.
DSC_0401.jpg

Here it is with my Centennial (top):
DSC_0406.jpg

chet15

Hawkeye
OIF2: We spoke previously about that circassian stock on your .30-06 didn't we? And the standard checkering pattern?
Chet15

OIF2

Single-Sixer
Hi Chet
Yes we did... I had a previous post about the No 1 Centennial. That's it on the top. It has the standard checkering pattern. The new Leopard has a "wrap around" style, surrounding the forend screw cutout.
Bob

El Numero Uno

Buckeye
Otony,
The barrel is the standard 1A in 22". I made a pitch to Lipsey's and Ruger to make it really special and make a 24". alas, to no avail!
OF2's rifle is really dark for Circassian, but it is! I think there is some trick photography here, as these pictures make it look much nicer than I remembered it being.
For the RugerForum Members interested in one of these rifles, here is what I have:
Two extra Leopards(#15 and #99) at $1250 shipped to your FFL.
In #65, I have the Kudu(.300H&H Magnum) and the Leopard for $2500 for the pair shipped.

Ruger1nut

Blackhawk
Best Boddington I have seen yet. Lee I can't believe you let this one go.

He is either one hell of a photographer or I am buying you some glasses!

Very nice rifle in a great round. Lee is a class act and a great guy to deal with.

Enjoy :lol:

Dave

63November

Single-Sixer
El Numero Uno":1dq07580 said:
For the RugerForum Members interested in one of these rifles, here is what I have:
Two extra Leopards(#15 and #99) at $1250 shipped to your FFL.
In #65, I have the Kudu(.300H&H Magnum) and the Leopard for $2500 for the pair shipped.

Interested? Heck yeah! Fortunately (for me) I don't have $2500 handy or I'd snap them up if for no other reason than to get the H&H. And that would be a shame since I'd also end up hunting with them which would mean some wear and tear on rifles that are probably better used as near-collectable pieces.

vol423

Bearcat
Has anyone purchased a No 1 Lightweight sport in 7X57? The Ruger SKU is RU1A7X57MM. That appears to be a similar rifle that retails for around $1100.

A

Anonymous

vol423":q90u2gz3 said:
Has anyone purchased a No 1 Lightweight sport in 7X57? The Ruger SKU is RU1A7X57MM. That appears to be a similar rifle that retails for around $1100.
Do you mean recently? That's just the same 1A that's been offered in 7x57 for thirty years or so; i.e., I would imagine lots of people have purchased one by now. The Boddington series differs in the type of finish (matte blue), the type of wood (the Boddington has Circassian walnut), checkering (Boddingtons use a wraparound pattern on the forearm and pistol grip panels that differ from other 1As), and sights (Boddingtons have that white bead front and a drift adjustable express rear, whereas the standard 1A has a gold bead front and a folding leaf rear). Oh, and the Boddington series all have special serial numbers prefixed with "CB."

OIF2

Single-Sixer
I've got some ammo and will be shooting Monday morning. Been thinking of a scope upgrade...maybe a Zeiss 4X. I don't want anymore power (or size) than that. What do you guys think?
Bob