It's a good Saturday

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Marshal Too Sweet

Single-Sixer
On Saturday the 23rd I suffered the widow maker heart attack. I was home alone when the pain started and knew immediately what it was. I had been putting valve cover gaskets on my wife's car. Needless to say I was covered in grease and oil. I managed to get a shower and change clothes because we all know you can't show up at the hospital with dirty underwear. I drove myself about 10 miles to the nearest hospital to get help. I was in the cath lab for nearly 3 hours and received 2 stents.
Came home on the 26th and felt pretty good. Mowed the yard on the 28th and thought all was good. My wife and I were going to visit family on the 30th and I was driving down the interstate when I made an unexpected exit, my wife asked where are you going and I said, to the hospital. I was having heart attack #2. I was immediately taking to the cath lab again ( different hospital) and the stents redone. Appears the first ones were put in over lapping and a blood clot had developed.
While all of this has been pretty rough and painful it was a glorious feeling through it all knowing I was headed to be with my savior if I had not made it. If you don't have this feeling I pray that you do what it takes to receive it. It's very simple, Romans chapter 10 verses 9-10 explain it.
Again, today is Saturday and so far so good. Blessings to you all !

HarryD2

Bearcat
Glad you are doing well. I understand your feelings, I had a heart attack 11 years ago and was surprised that I felt calm knowing no matter how it turned out I was going to be happy ether here or with the Lord.

dannyd

Single-Sixer
Was in the Hospital last weekend for very bad hypertension; The nurse told me everything was going to be alright and I said yes ma'am it is I may get to go home today. Best felling there is. :)

Cholo

Staff member
I'm glad you're doing okay!

I hope you have a new Cardiologist. When things got weird with my original heart Dr. I switched and am glad I did.

Here's to your continued good health!

hittman

Staff member
Yikes! Sorry to hear about your medical hiccup. Thank goodness you care enough to take action!

Some things a fella just shouldn’t ignore or put off til later.

Best wishes for a full recovery.

Last edited:
Marshall too sweet, you are special! Most guys deny they are having the “big one” till it is too late. Congratulations for recognizing the problem, and taking appropriate action. Glad you got it sorted out! Hang tight!
gramps

Terry T

Buckeye
Been there, done that, got the T shirt as they say. Last June 29. Same feeling of calmness for the same reason, both me and my wife who was present both times I "coded" that day. PTL!

Rick Courtright

Hawkeye
Hi,

Marshall, you're only the third person I know to have survived a "widow maker." First one, a client, "died" for an estimated 9-11 minutes (helicopter evac along the Colorado River up to Las Vegas. They were gonna pronounce him but one of the docs on the ER team saw something and got the others to act on it. Saved my guy, and he suffered no brain injury from being out so long.

All three of you share one thing in common, a strong faith, so more thanks are probably in order. Prayers from SoCal for you, too.

Rick C

Welcome to the club.... April 10th, 2019 was mine... folks think I am exaggerating... my main valve was blocked 100% for almost two hours.... if y'all don't like some of my post... that's my excuse.

I'm by no means an expert but I can't believe they let you out on on the road that quick and especially with out a life vest.

RCA1504

Bearcat
Glad you made it.
Suggest you consider changing your diet, more chicken and more salad, with more water. I am still recovering from a fuel pump rebuild, all new fuel lines and a valve job, on the bench. I had 11 stints, had, now have 0.
Good luck.

Latest posts