It's a dangerous and lonely job...

Help Support Ruger Forum:

I volunteer for a ministry that serves the seafarers of the world. In the pass two years I have visited 294 cargo ships. We call seafarers the "invisible people" because not many people understand the role they play in world economics. Ninety per cent of all goods and raw materials are delivered by ships that the seafarers crew. Most are Filipino (about 60+ per cent) but they come from all over the world. A good number of ships I have visited are a mix of Ukrainian and Russian crews. And they work together as a team. One chief officer told me that "we are united". We offer them a WiFi router for free so they can call home and check on family while they are in port. Right after the war started I talked with two Ukrainians. They were so grateful that they had a way to check on family. One told me that he talked to his wife and six year old daughter who were safe for now but they were leaving the county. The other told me that he was unable to contact his wife and three old daughter who were in area that was heavily damaged. During the height of COVID seafarers were not allowed to get off their ships. I talked with many that haven't been off the ship for months, as many as 14 months! We arranged for over 2,200 seafarers to be vaccinated in just our port of Mobile. It is a tough, dangerous and lonely job but thankfully they do it.

jimbo1096

Hunter
Yep it is
And think about all those container ships stuck off the coast that can’t get into port because they’re too busy to take the extra ships.

Attachments

• C862F4CD-B7E2-4E6D-A50D-8552D2724A6A.jpeg
    C862F4CD-B7E2-4E6D-A50D-8552D2724A6A.jpeg
    872.8 KB · Views: 27

Latest posts