It always comes back to the Cowboy gun !!

Help Support Ruger Forum:

AHHHHHH Yes But you have to have the Gunfighter Rig to go with that Hog Leg :)

1718210143793.png

Sounds like a lot of similar stories here- I always loved the old westerns. But I was also a James Bond and Our Man Flint fan. So the original Wild Wild West was probably my favorite of all. Nowadays I am always watching INSP, the Western channel on Spectrum.

This topic got my memory working- and I recall one of my first- if not my actual first gun was a stainless .357 Blackhawk. The big box store I worked at had gotten robbed the prior Halloween. And the store allowed employees to dress up for the day. So… I dressed up as a cowboy, complete with the Blackhawk. The head of security, my buddy, dressed up as a WWII soldier. Yep, his 1911 was real too. Only a few customers noticed. Anyways, there was no robbery, thank God. I ended up selling that Blackhawk to my buddy. He still has it. I might try and get it back some day.

As I age, I find myself appreciating vintage things more. I went through many different "phases" over the years. Got a safe full of tactical stuff from my "running and gunning" days. Took some fairly extensive tactical training, also dabbled in long range shooting. I've come full circle now- the joy of a SA Ruger is hard to beat.

And speaking of Westerns- I was watching Tombstone for the umpteenth time a couple years back, sipping a Cap'n and Coke. That led me to find this forum, and an ad for a 1968 Super from WMG. It all has snowballed from there. And I love it.

Don Lovel

Hunter
Wasn't thinking much about hand guns early on. Then my co-worker needed to borrow $100 and handed me his Superblackhawk. He never intended to pay me back.😁 my eyes opened up and now have more SA than any other type.
One of the few things I miss from having crews working for me. I have scored tools, guitar gear, guns, ammo & reloading supplies from broke crew members.

Star43

Buckeye
Who knows Randy, you might get your Blackhawk back one day ??? Either that or just buy another? That Tombstone show was a good flick !!

freakindawgen

Single-Sixer
A Super Blackhawk for 100 bucks. The only thing to say to that is: God Bless America !!!
He also had a FN L1A1 but he'd never sell it. Actually still has. $100 in 1982 was still a good deal for a like new SBH. Back then they were $4-500 new, if you could find one.

Who knows Randy, you might get your Blackhawk back one day ??? Either that or just buy another? That Tombstone show was a good flick !!
I'd want that particular one back because it was mine prior and might be my first. Buy another? Well, I just picked up a beautiful .45 convertible on Tuesday…
IMG_9322.jpeg

I've already got a gripframe coming from Ronnie. Plus a Super hammer, Bisley trigger, etc. Best part is this is a 2008 gun and I don't think it was ever fired. $600 out the door.

Tombstone is one of those movies I watch about every 4-6 months.

Last edited:

Hankus

Blackhawk
My first handgun was a Bearcat my father gave me when I was eight. I still have it, along with two more I picked up for my two older grandsons, the eldest of which turns eight in a few weeks. Oh, and I have another dozen+ Ruger single actions too.
@Randyzzz I never really had a "tactical" phase except for eleven years in the Army and more in the Reserves. I have a couple black rifles and pistols JIC, and to keep my skills current. Otherwise there's always a wheel gun or three, (or five) and usually a lever action with me at the range …

Hankus

Blackhawk
I'd want that particular one back because it was mine prior and might be my first. Buy another? Well, I just picked up a beautiful .45 convertible on Tuesday…View attachment 47791
I've already got a gripframe coming from Ronnie. Plus a Super hammer, Bisley trigger, etc. Best part is this is a 2008 gun and I don't think it was ever fired. $600 out the door.

Tombstone is one of those movies I watch about every 4-6 months.
Now THAT'S a good buy!