Is this the Glock AR??

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Mobuck

Hawkeye
I didn't see anything specific which would make this better(or worse) than the typical 'designer AR'.
It appears that what most folks don't understand is: The basic low budget unbranded parts kit coupled with a quality barrel and FCG will quite often produce a rifle better than 90% of users can utilize.
I can assemble an AR that will meet the majority of shooters' needs at a price close to what many high end grade barrels alone cost.
"LOGO EGO" is an evil marketing ploy.

AR's are the Barbie Doll of rifles... for good or bad. You can buy and switch our more accessories on one than any other gun and so guys (especially) love to play with them.... and they are fun to shoot and have virtually no recoil... then real men should prefer something at least like and M-14. Personally if I was going to really need a rifle.... give me a bolt action in 30-06 at least.

(I have AR's by the way... even showed off my 'Angry Joe AR-14' this past weekend at Contenders. )

Mobuck

Hawkeye
Make no mistake, the AR platform is a 'good rifle' mass produced to meet parameters and cost.

instructor

Bearcat
Quality dependable, accurate, durable rifle, easy to shoot is always in demand at a reasonable price point and the AR's meet those criteria.
Many years ago, began shooting Across the Course Matches and at that time was using an M1 Garand and then went with an M1A rifle. AR's started showing up on the firing line and much fun made of them at that time. However, when the scores started showing up for those shooting the AR's the fun making remarks became absent from those in attendance. The AR platform rifle with good barrel, quality ammunition, and with standard "iron" sights can and does deliver 1moa accuracy at the 600-yard line. In fact, have shot 600-yard matches w/ a quality AR and have produced scores as high as 597 w/ 17 X's winning the match. The Garand and the M1A/M14 rifles produce far more recoil than the AR does and that is a bonus as well. Our local range conducts XC matches on the third Sunday of each month weather permitting and having attended there for some years now see once in a while and M1A/M14 style rifle being used, almost exclusive AR shooters show up these days. Cheaper to shoot, deadly accurate in the hands of a practiced shooter, what's not to like about and AR?????

Reactions: krw

instructor

Bearcat
They sure do offer a shovel; it's called a survival tool just like their pistols and coming soon to a theater near you, an AR15 rifle.

gunzo

Buckeye
Like them or not, AR's have evolved into very accurate & dependable rifles. Long live the AR.

But if they do bring out an AR I seriously doubt Glock can bring anything new or better to the table.

outlaw_dogboy

Single-Sixer
Oh, how the world has been conned to think an AR is a decent rifle.
While I won't disagree with you, to actually agree I would have to know context of decent. Aesthetically pleasing? No. Fine workmanship, blueprinted? Some, but rare. A good hunting rifle? Debatable (see your post below). Effective? Depends on what you're using it on, how well you wield it, and range. Against large bodies, it has a pretty short effective range, depending on barrel length. Inside the max effective range of it, it is quite deadly with anything but the worst ammunition. Outside that range, it is only effective at poking holes... but who wants holes poke in their internal organs. I've hit steel plates with a 16" barreled AR out to 400 yards, consistently, knowing the dope for my rifle and ammunition. But I have to misconceptions that it is just poking holes at that distance. So, call me conned. But I know the rifle, its internal workings, and its limitations. And I love it. But when I go deer hunting with a rifle, I use a Marlin in .30-30. Which some think is another less than decent rifle. But it works too. For what I need.

Yep, a mass produced, cheap varmit gun.

As far as the Glock AR.... if that is it... it isn't something I'm going to lay out my hard-earned cash on. The only thing I can see from the video (I didn't watch it, but scanned through it to see both sides of the gun) is that it MIGHT have a quick-release barrel, or at least handguard. But other than that, I see nothing special.

the_leper_colony

Single-Sixer
... Cheaper to shoot, deadly accurate in the hands of a practiced shooter, what's not to like about an AR?????

Well (since you asked ;>), I often think it would be nice if they were easier to clean - just about every time I'm cleaning one, in fact!

KIR

Blackhawk
Isn't that a Magpul CTR butt stock? When I bought my AR almost a decade ago, I put one of those on it. Block...er...Glock is sure keeping up with the times. ;):cool:o_O:ROFLMAO:

outlaw_dogboy

Single-Sixer
Well (since you asked ;>), I often think it would be nice if they were easier to clean - just about every time I'm cleaning one, in fact!
Ok, so, first, not challenging. Just wondering: what do people find difficult about cleaning them? Other than perhaps the gas key (which I only clean about every other time I shoot one).

I personally don't scrape the carbon of the tail of the bolt every time, not the inside of the bolt carrier. I'll wipe them off, make sure the gas rings are clean and in good order. Wipe off the bolt, wipe off the firing pin, and wipe off the exterior of the BCG. The lube, back together, a away i go. I haven't had a DGI AR fail me yet with that cleaning regimen.

Latest posts