is this a rare 77 ??

Help Support Ruger Forum:

mcvictory

Bearcat
(NIB) MK ii M77 in 300 WSM.

i know "some" were made before the switch to rugers own 300 RCM.

is there any special value to this caliber M77?

i need to break down and get the RENE (?) news so i dont have to ask these questions...

thanks in advance for the input.

mcv.

valkrider8

Single-Sixer
MCV, can't tell you if they are rare or have any value to them but I can share my experience with that gun and caliber. Bought one new a few years ago. It was stainless with a synthetic stock. Shouldered nice, felt good, until I shot it. It literally beat the crap out of me with the recoil ! I have several Ruger long guns and I am very fond of them, but this one was just downright nasty to shoot. This gun also had a feed problem, the second and third round would sometimes (often) jam when working the bolt. It seemed like the short fat case of the WSM made the angle to steep to feed. The gun sat in my cabinet for a year until I sold it. Just sharing my experience, I am still a big Ruger fan and have hunted with them for many years.
Rich

63November

Single-Sixer
If I remember correctly, Ruger opted to chamber the SAUMs more so than the WSMs which would make the WSMs less common. Although it's hard to know if they sold many SAUM. I just remember them in the catalogs.

mcknight77

Blackhawk
Not many were made, but not very many folks collecting them, so...

Really not worth more than, say, a .30-06 in the same shape and configuration.

JMHO.