Is there any resource material on Ruger Shotguns?

Help Support Ruger Forum:

KWend54

Single-Sixer
I have searched on the internet for any books or guides regarding Ruger Shotguns to no avail. Does anyone know of a book or article with history on the Red and Gold label shotguns. Specifically trying to find dates when the Red label went from blue to stainless, brown box to white box and produced numbers.
Thanks

Not really, I used to collect the Red Labels years ago when they first came out, knew the shotgun manager Lyle P. and along with Bob Beach we used to help the RCA as 'Advisors' for the program, BUT many numbers were considered "Proprietary " though we knew the 'make' numbers used to be around 1500,,,best bet is check in with the RENE ( Red Eagle News Exchange) and Chad has lots in the "program" on many of the models....all I know now is don't break it, cause I wonder if they can or will fix it......hhhmm,,, the guys who USED to build and fix them are GONE as for other dates, all my notes are buried, all I kept was two low numbered guns one 12ga. and one 20ga. to match my wifes low numbered .22cal. Bearcat,,,,,:cool::rolleyes:;)

hittman

Staff member

chet15

Hawkeye
I'm working on shotgun info... but may be a good while before I can do an article on them.
I will say, so far I've found that the last 20 gauge Red label with blue receiver (other than the Orvis guns) was 400-43563. The first stainless receiver gun (other than the 51 guns done as prototypes in the 400-13xxx range), is 400-43564.
The blue receiver Orvis 20 gauge Red labels are in the 400-56xxx and 400-57xxx range.
Chet15

KWend54

Single-Sixer
Thank you very much Chet…great information!
On a side note, I use to have a very nice collection and dealt with many of the great guys that are no longer with us! But life can sometimes throw us a curve ball and I had to sell everything I had. I subscribed to the RENE from the first news letter and I'm trying to remember when the first news letter came out. I always looked forward to it and bought and sold several back before I sold everything. Life has dealt me another hand and now I'm picking up a few here and there and want to subscribe again to the RENE. What's the best way to do that?
Thanks Kenny

chet15

Hawkeye
Thank you very much Chet…great information!
On a side note, I use to have a very nice collection and dealt with many of the great guys that are no longer with us! But life can sometimes throw us a curve ball and I had to sell everything I had. I subscribed to the RENE from the first news letter and I'm trying to remember when the first news letter came out. I always looked forward to it and bought and sold several back before I sold everything. Life has dealt me another hand and now I'm picking up a few here and there and want to subscribe again to the RENE. What's the best way to do that?
Thanks Kenny

Send me an email to [email protected] and I'll send the info.

I'm working on shotgun info... but may be a good while before I can do an article on them.
I will say, so far I've found that the last 20 gauge Red label with blue receiver (other than the Orvis guns) was 400-43563. The first stainless receiver gun (other than the 51 guns done as prototypes in the 400-13xxx range), is 400-43564.
The blue receiver Orvis 20 gauge Red labels are in the 400-56xxx and 400-57xxx range.
Chet15
If you do a shotgun article I have some odd ones from dad, most I think I've sent you. Be happy to provide some info