Is the 6.5x55 Swedish Mauser available in the #1

Help Support Ruger Forum:

45flattop

Single-Sixer
And if so, what variant? The cartridge has come and gone in the M77
Mark II on and off over the last decade or so and during a period when
I needed to raise some cash quickly, I had to sell mine but I would love
to have a #1 in that caliber, and has Ruger begun putting that "don't look
at me wrong or I'll rust overnight" finish of the M77 Hawkeye on the #1?
I cannot tell from the printed catalog but the examples shown look duller
than before. The Ruger website uses some form of Flash Player to illustrate
part of the offerings and Flash doesn't work on my computer. :(

mrbumps

Blackhawk
I believe there was a run of about 250 by Lipseys. Stainless with walnut stock. Saw one at a gun show recently.

felix cortinas

Bearcat
I got a 6.5 x 55 in a Sako and know how great a round that is, little recoil, ballistics that cant be beat, if you want a great hunting round and like me dont fall for the BS of magnums, WSMs etc. shy of grizzlies or moose the 6.5 will do it all, the #1 is the most beautiful rifle and the 6.5 and the .308 are the all around calibers, those would be dream rifles.

felix cortinas

Bearcat
I believe Ruger mad the No. 1 in 6.5 Swede several years ago, but only in a limited run so they are out there, I got a buddy that has one in .257 Roberts, another great combo. so many great No. 1s, so very little money......

Balto

Bearcat
The Standard right hand version of the 77 was chambered in 6,5 X55 in 2001 - 2003, not in 2004, but again in 2005 and 2006.
According to my catalogues. So it should be some of them out there.
The No. 1 is not listed in 6,5 X 55 from 2001 and later. But if my memory is right I`ve seen a used No. 1 International in 65X55.

The 6,5 has been much used over here in Scandinavia. For critter up to Scandinavian Moose (the size of your Elk). I`ve used it earlier for deer, reloads with the 120 grain Nosler Ballistic tip.

Nowadays I trust the 270 Win. As easy to load, a little more horsepower, but still very light recoil. :D

I think the stainless finish on the No. 1 is the same. I`ve just ordered a 77 Sporter in the new non-glare finish. Wanted a No. 1, but on the catalogued photos it`s the ordinary stainless look.
I agree, the non-glare finish would have looked better on a No. 1.

JNewell

Single-Sixer
As an alternative, for a flexible classic cartridge, there is the 7x57.

felix cortinas

Bearcat
It is no surprise to me that after all these years and the new "fad" magnums and short magnums, those old reliable standbys like the 7x57,6.5 Swede, .270, 30-06l, .308, will all do the job and will be here long after those fad rounds are gone.

RJ556

Buckeye
I have always liked Rugers stainless guns, but never liked the factory "brushed " finish. So, I bead blast all of mine to give them a fine satin finish.
IMG_0098.jpg

RJ556

Buckeye
An engraver that has done considerable work for Ruger, Frank Conroy. He did a real nice job on a Red Label for me about seven or eight years ago.

boaman88

Bearcat
Would be nice if they made a batch of blued 1As. Never been all that thrilled with stainless in the No. 1. Something about it just does not appeal to me.