Is the 345 concealable?

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Russ7777

Bearcat
Hello everyone,
I am looking at getting a concealed carry weapon in either the .40s&w or .45. I am wondering if the 345 is very concealable.
I have a p89 and it is not easy to conceal.
Thanks,

mk1guy

Bearcat
The 345 is more concealable than the P89. How much so really depends on how you carry it, covering garments and your particular body build and movement pattern. It´s shorter, lighter and slimmer, but it´s still a .45, not really a pocket pistol, it´s excellent for belt carry though, in either IWB or OWB holsters.

Snake45

Hawkeye
Never shot one, but I've handled them and thought it was similar in size and weight to a Colt Lightweight Commander. Nice gun and definitely my favorite Ruger CF autopistol.

BuckJM53

Single-Sixer
The P345 is certainly easier to conceal than a P89 as it is 3 oz lighter, a quarter inch shorter and a bit narrower, but I wouldn't consider it for my every day carry. With that said, it is a great home defense or vehicle gun and a great deal of fun at the range IMHO (I do carry mine from time to time when clothing and weather conditions permit).

pisgah

Buckeye
I have no problem concealing my P89 when I carry it, so I'd think a 345 would be comparatively easy. But my everyday carry gun is a Glock 36, so the question is moot.

ab4ka

Single-Sixer
I'd think it has a lot to do with how you are built. How does your P89 give you trouble? I carry a P95R IWB at about 3:30, but only when I can dress (very) casually with a large shirt over it. If I can't, I carry it in a Smartcarry (it looks like I'll be carrying it more, too since I traded my Bersa that I carried in my pocket for a gorgeous Security Six :D )

ab4ka

Single-Sixer
A good holster does make all the difference. When I carry mine IWB I use a "Town & Country" RGrizzle Leather and it is one fine holster. The only problem is it's so nice I don't want to mess it up, so if I think I'm going to be sweating a lot or doing something else I've got a Kholster (essentially the same as the Crossbreed) and it works great and I don't worry about it getting goofed up. Then I've got my good old Smartcarry which is good for just about anything.

btrumanj

Single-Sixer
I've been carrying a P97 concealed IWB for about 4 yrs now in both Summer and Winter. The 345 being a bit more sleek should conceal easily unless you got one of them big damn lights mounted under the barrel :lol:

Kidding aside, the answer to your question is yes.

slippingaway

Blackhawk
whtdrgn101":xctem5sm said:
Russ7777":xctem5sm said:
Hello everyone,
I am looking at getting a concealed carry weapon in either the .40s&w or .45. I am wondering if the 345 is very concealable.
Thanks,

Yes but you need a good holster. I suggest at this sites SuperTuck:

http://www.crossbreedholsters.com/

I carry my P345 as my primary carry gun. Sometimes I'll leave it at home and carry just the LCP, but the P345 is pretty easy to conceal with the right holster. I use a Crossbreed Supertuck as well, and it is very easy to conceal. The holster makes all the difference.

9x19

Hunter
It's no larger than a Commander-size 1911, and they've been a CCW favorite among the fanatics for a long time. :D

GaryT

Bearcat
On a recent trip to Ohio I carried my P345 in the paddle holster that comes with the SA XD(m) as I didn't have a holster specifically for the 345 yet. I was able to conceal it under a sport shirt with no problem, carrying at about 3:36. The P345 is as concealable to me as a Glock 19 or similar size weapons.

Snake45

Hawkeye
9x19":uvmwgdlj said:
It's no larger than a Commander-size 1911, and they've been a CCW favorite among the fanatics for a long time. :D
That was exactly my impression, too. Of course, these days, a lot of folks consider a Commander a "big, heavy" gun. We really are spoiled, aren't we? :lol:

tdyoung58

Bearcat
Russ7777":3p6wufw8 said:
Hello everyone,
Thanks,

I carry mine every day, no problem, leather OWB with a untucked shirt over it, no problem.

I like OWB leather belt holsters better than the paddle type, they tend to hold the gun tighter against you than a paddle holster does

Colonel Daddy

Buckeye
Depends on your build, your mode of dress, your holster and perhaps as important as any, your mind-set.
I carry a KP90D, which is very similar to the P97 carried by btrumanj above, IWB in a leather holster that looks similar to a belt slide only it has a metal clip. Sometimes a 3" GP100 in a leather pancake holster. I live in Florida, but spend minimal time outdoors in the summer time.

pisgah

Buckeye
DA_TriggR4Ruger":2yrkj8r2 said:
pisgah":2yrkj8r2 said:
I have no problem concealing my P89 when I carry it, so I'd think a 345 would be comparatively easy. But my everyday carry gun is a Glock 36, so the question is moot.

Are you from Alaska?

Nope. South Carolina.