Is it ok to store my Mark III pistol in my ruger soft case?

Help Support Ruger Forum:

A

Anonymous

Merry christmas everyone! I completely cleaned my ruger mark III .22 pistol today. I did oil the exterior but very lightly. I then placed it in my new ruger zip up soft case and placed it in my closet with the rest of my guns. Is it ok to store it in a soft case untill I use it?

A

Anonymous

The gun is stainless steel. It might be 6 months or so before I use it.

Cholo

Staff member
I store mine in gun rugs and have never had a single problem. I do leave the end open a few inches. They're also inside my house where my heat pump keeps humidity levels relatively low. I'm sure there's some real life horror stories of blued guns rusting in gun rugs, it just hasn't been my experience. I doubt you'll have any problem with SS.

A

Anonymous

Cholo":hh1wcktk said:
I store mine in gun rugs and have never had a single problem. I do leave the end open a few inches. They're also inside my house where my heat pump keeps humidity levels relatively low. I'm sure there's some real life horror stories of blued guns rusting in gun rugs, it just hasn't been my experience. I doubt you'll have any problem with SS.

Alright! I guess I will just leave it in there. Any other opinions?

A

Anonymous

The case is padded and is made of im guessing cotton. It was purchased on rugers website. Its not vinyl.

You should be good to go. I personally don't store my guns in cases just as a habit I developed years ago when central heat/air only existed in restaurants and all I had were blued guns. I still would be a little hesitant to store a blued gun that way for any length of time.