Is it my imagination...

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Allen207

Single-Sixer
...or is there a shortage of .32 H&R mag ammo? I was all excited because I found a nice SS to buy, but none of my local shops have ammo. I understand that reloading is the best route to go, but even the brass seems to be in short supply. Have I bought into a dying/dead caliber that will forever be hard to find ammo for?

foxtrapper

Blackhawk
No worries, just have it bored out to 327 federal, it's a brand new cartridge so plenty of brass should be available...... oh wait nevermind :roll:

MK111

Bearcat
All brass and loaded ammo is in short supply right now because of our new President's gun veiws.

gak

Buckeye
It's a great (great) round. Shop around. As one poster said, everything's been in rediculously short supply for six to nine months, right down to .22 LR, but things are slowly starting to lighten up. That said, some places are buttheads about (not) carrying it and you'll never find it at Wallyworld. I don't know if they're backed up, but try Georgia Arms for a great 100 gr JHP.

JWhitmore44

Blackhawk
32 mag has always been hard to find. Get a press and start reloading, besides reloading is the only way to get the benefits of a 32mag.

EarlFH

Single-Sixer
I've had 480 Ruger brass on order from two different outfits for three months, and I've checked with every body I can find that sells brass, and still no luck.
Earl.

protoolman

Service-Sixer
The only thing to do is order 1000 rounds of brass from Midway (starline brass). You may have to wait to get it, but after that you should have a lifetime supply as you can reload it forever.

protoolman":1a9y0wj1 said:
The only thing to do is order 1000 rounds of brass from Midway (starline brass). You may have to wait to get it, but after that you should have a lifetime supply as you can reload it forever.

Why not buy it from starline? They pay shipping and last time I looked it was cheaper than Midway.
Jim

Allen207":2doxhpf3 said:
...or is there a shortage of .32 H&R mag ammo? I was all excited because I found a nice SS to buy, but none of my local shops have ammo. I understand that reloading is the best route to go, but even the brass seems to be in short supply. Have I bought into a dying/dead caliber that will forever be hard to find ammo for?

Here is a place that shows it in stock. They show Brass & Nickel Plated. Can buy 100/500/1000.

http://www.bluestarbrass.com/catalog/npbrass.htm

OldCowHand

Bearcat
Haven't seen any on the shelves in over a year, hereabouts. I've given up on the gun range -- we pretty much shot up what they had and they've been unable to restock since then. +1 on the reloading advice ... :(

Allen207

Single-Sixer
Blue Star came through with some nice shiny new brass (in quick order too I might add). Now I just need to find small pistol primers.....

Thanks for the suggestions, I am looking forward to loading for the little .32.