Investment Corporations are run by idiots.

Help Support Ruger Forum:

So, my wife is having to deal with her sister's declining mental health and was transferring some investments she had to her broker.... this is after spending two months jumping through hoops to get them to even recognize her power of attorney.

She get's the news from her investment person that the money is being transferred...... then discovers that the company is sending it in the form of two checks... Keep in mind we've been out of town for the last two weeks... and so they were coming while we were gone but luckily we had the neighbor getting the mail out of our box.... Below is a picture of one of the envelopes that the check came in:

The damn thing says "pay to the order of in the window"!

I removed my sisters name and our address but lets just say if I told you the check was for more than 200K.... I would not be wrong..... who in the hell these days (sorry) sends a check in that amount in regular first class mail?

Al James

Buckeye
You wouldn't want a mail thief getting a bunch of paper cuts......This way they can just peek in the window. ;]

I actually think it is well thought out. I have a friend that a few years back worked for a company that managed paying the freight and shipping bills for big companies and they required all their billing be paid electronically but all the payments they sent to various freight and shipping companies was done by check. They wrote a check to UPS for over 500K and it sat on someone's desk for over 6 months.

Snake Pleskin

Hunter
I actually think it is well thought out. I have a friend that a few years back worked for a company that managed paying the freight and shipping bills for big companies and they required all their billing be paid electronically but all the payments they sent to various freight and shipping companies was done by check. They wrote a check to UPS for over 500K and it sat on someone's desk for over 6 months.
They sent payment in paper to stall the pay out. SOP for many businesses living on the float!