INTERESTING VAQUERO.............

Help Support Ruger Forum:

HAWKEYE#28

Staff member
CAME ACROSS A KBNVBH-443..........LABEL SEZ 44 MAG......MODEL 10596.....HIGH GLOSS STAINLESS BIRDSHEAD......BLACK FINELY CHECKERED BH GRIPS......DESPITE BOX LABEL, IS MARKED 44 SPECIAL UNDER RUGER NEW VAQUERO ON LEFT SIDE OF LOWER FRAME........ IS CHAMBERED 44 MAG...... SBH HAMMER........ SOURCE SEZ FEW MADE.(15).......SN 59 004XX..........IS A HANDSOME RASCAL.......ANY INFO ON THESE "OUT THERE?" :?: WOULD BE A "HANDFUL" WITH 44 MAG AMMO....... 8)

JCW64

Single-Sixer
Looks like it's a current Talo offering but I can't explain the 44 special marking.
http://www.ruger.com/products/vaqueroStainless/specSheets/10596.html

HAWKEYE#28

Staff member
FWIW, I was told that upon an inquiry, caller was advised that Ruger wanted these 44 special marked guns back........Adder- :idea: -----perhaps as few as fifteen of them, was another comment. Will attempt a confirmation 8)

HAWKEYE#28

Staff member
HAWKEYE#28 said:
FWIW, I was told that upon an inquiry, caller was advised that Ruger wanted these 44 special marked guns back........Adder- :idea: -----perhaps as few as fifteen of them, was another comment. Will attempt a confirmation 8)

:idea: :wink: Seller/FFL advises that distributor received all 200 of these Talo model issued guns and it was found that 16 of the 200 were marked 44 Special (small different font BTW). Has standard ejector rod button, non-crescent. A consecutive SN pair remain. I have no dog in the hunt whatsoever. SPLITZ

Hondo44

Hawkeye
file.php

chet15

Hawkeye
So are they large frame guns or New Vaquero size?
I would like to see a serial number list of the known guns if anybody would like to share.
Chet15

Hondo44

Hawkeye
They are New Vaqueros because they have the chamber indexing system, but the 44 Mag is a large frame, the only large frame New Vaq. so far.

The one above is not mine so sorry, I don't have a s/n.

chet15

Hawkeye
Hondo44 said:
They are New Vaqueros because they have the chamber indexing system, but the 44 Mag is a large frame, the only large frame New Vaq. so far.

The one above is not mine so sorry, I don't have a s/n.

OK, so if they are New Vaquero's then Ruger also got the serial number sequence wrong...the mismarked gun is a 59- instead of the 521- that the New Vaquero should be.
And the KBNVBH-443 model 10596 signifies it should have been a large size original Vaquero in .44 Mag.

So Ruger got the serial number wrong on these as well?
Chet15

street

Hunter
Maybe the "New Vaquero" is what is marked wrong, as it looks as if it is a large frame. Maybe this frame was not marked when it was made and when they decided to use it there was no "Vaquero" stamp to use and they stamped it "New Vaquero"????