Interesting Single Six

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Looking on Gunbroker and saw this. Advertised as" Ruger OM LWAC all blue alloy cylinder lightweight single six". This is the link: 924029157 (go to gunbroker and copy and paste that number in the 'search')
All OK except the serial number is outside the area that shows the alloy cylinder. This revolver shows serial number 207307 but the RENE shows that model only from 205238 - 207260. Wonder how that occurred?

HAWKEYE#28

Staff member
Pictures show why the alloy cylinders were replaced by steel.......cylinder notches really peened over, either by lots of use and/or aggressive cocking of gun. As shown, it is a "type" gun, and, in my book, not in collectable condition. Of course, JMO Seems the condition is a bit overstated.

chet15

Hawkeye
Fox Mike said:
Looking on Gunbroker and saw this. Advertised as" Ruger OM LWAC all blue alloy cylinder lightweight single six". This is the link: 924029157 (go to gunbroker and copy and paste that number in the 'search')
All OK except the serial number is outside the area that shows the alloy cylinder. This revolver shows serial number 207307 but the RENE shows that model only from 205238 - 207260. Wonder how that occurred?

It isn't surprising to hear of one that is higher than the previous high (reported at least 12-15 years ago).
One thing we can say is it is at least one of the last.
Chet15

Yeah, it appears to have sold for the single $775 bid. The question is, does that "winning" bidder now believe his opening bid might have been a bit high? :lol: :lol: :lol:

Ale-8(1) said:
Yeah, it appears to have sold for the single $775 bid. The question is, does that "winning" bidder now believe his opening bid might have been a bit high? :lol: :lol: :lol:

I also wonder if it wasn't the seller doing the initial bid to see if it would go higher. I seriously looked at it but the condition and first bid turned me off.

by the pictures,,,, obviously the serial number shown ( 200,000 range and the dark ,more black coloring of anodized versus "bluing"...the real fact is the weight,,,when one picks one of these up, wow, big difference in weight,,,kinda like the new Wranglers......you can "see,feel" the difference in the cylinder and again, to "test" a magnet will NOT stick to these alloy cylinders......... 8) :roll: :wink: