Interesting Looking SR-9

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Jumping Frog

Bearcat
Personally, I think the engraving pattern they used is ugly. But I am more a fan of traditional engraving.

I did enjoy following the link and looking at it, however. Thanks.

toysoldier

Hunter
Engraving? :?
Looks more like electro-etching, which costs next to nothing. I used to etch ID on stainless surgical instruments, using a stencil I cut with a manual typewriter (like the old mimeograph stencils, if you are old enough to remember). I think it looks cheap, but it could be polished out.

Mike J

Hunter
LOL-You cracked me up toysoldier.
Part of me actually kinda likes it but not enough to spend over 500 dollars on a SR-9.
Thanks Jumping Frog-I'm glad you enjoyed it.
The fun to me about something like this is just kinda getting the I love it-I hate it reactions. Interesting to see what different opinions people have about something like this.

jhearne

Buckeye
I like the Ruger emblem on the rear of the slide, but the pattern I'd pass on it myself. Maybe not if the price was right. Different, but don't hate or love it.

Josh

Mike J

Hunter
I don't own one but truth be told I think the SR-9's with the regular stainless finish look best.

kscott

Single-Sixer
I don't think it looks terrible until farther back on the slide where the diamond plate is over the SR9 logo. To me that part looks really cluttered. I'm with josh on the ruger logo on the rear part of the slide though.

AZ Outlaws

Bearcat
I'll stick to my all black version, no designs or engraving. I have guns that are bought to be used and are only a tool. I don't need or want a blinged out gun for show and tell.

Just my opinion... yours will most likely differ.

Burley

Bearcat
What do y'all think it'll end up going for? For the over/under I'll say 2 k. I'd like to see it live first.

Mike J

Hunter
You are right mixed words it does have a sticker look.
AZ Outlaws I like the way the Rugers with stainless slides look. Maybe it's because I've never had an auto with a stainless slide. It does seem like it could simplify maintenance. Most of my guns look used & abused for some reason. At least one I bought already looking that way.

TJB

Bearcat
Not my thing, But I can see how somebody might like. I do like the Ruger Emblem on the rear though. Current Bid was $515

TJB