Input on a 184-series SS Mini 14 Folder

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Marcus99

Bearcat
Some of you may recall a recent thread where I sought feedback on a 182 series SS Mini 14 GBF. I did not purchase that firearm. However I have come across another one that I would appreciate feedback on.

It is a 184 series stainless Mini 14 folder. Appears to be in excellent condition although stated as fired. Includes the original box and paperwork as well as original 5rd mag. Also includes a 30rd(?) mag and scope and mount (Any idea if these factory supplied?) I called Ruger and verified that it left the factory in this configuration. This appears to be a perfect original collectors piece and hits on all bases.

Anything look out of place from the photos? The seller wants $1,200. Thank you again for any input!

1UL5zJ3h.jpg

RyYRb6th.jpg

Lkp1Yhvh.jpg

D3EI9XGh.jpg

MetP4kJh.jpg

DGW1949

Hunter
57springer said:
you say this one left ruger as a true factory folder , looks good in the pics ,still a solid 1000 dollar gun !!

I would tend to agree.
That said though, I think that it's worth mentioning that the aftermarket 'stuff' being offered in the 'package' probably don't add much (if any) value. Plus, it'll still need the proper side plate if the buyer's goal is to put it back into original condition.

DGW

Marcus99

Bearcat
Thanks for the feedback folks.

DGW - I'll see how the gun "looks" with the scope and mount, but yes ideally I'd like to return the gun t0 100% factory original. How hard is a finish-matching stainless sideplate to find?

Marcus99

Bearcat
DGW1949 said:
Probably not too hard. Ruger may even have one.

DGW

Numrich has them used. That's all I see when googling. Not sure how representative the photo is of the actual type of stainless finish, I'm guessing it's just dark lighting in the photo.

https://www.gunpartscorp.com/products/1623820A

Marcus99

Bearcat
I ended up buying the Mini 14 in the OP for $950. The gun is in excellent condition without any scratches and only a few minor indentations in the wood, which is a rich dark birch. It came with everything that was original to the gun, including the 5rd mag, manual and paperwork, and the matching serial numbered box. The only alteration is the bolt cover side plate, of which I have a new factory stainless one ordered. Even though I've already verified via phone with Ruger that it is a factory folder I'll nevertheless get a letter of authenticity to round out the package.

I'm going to try to find a factory blued folder so that I have a pair 8)

KlUH740h.jpg

cMEh1gah.jpg

mohavesam

Hawkeye
:!: Fun shooters for sure! I like the scout-type rails for any Mini 14. They allow options in optics and the gun is able to be easily restored to factory trim -

You did well on price for that package. Very well in my travels.

http://ultimak.com/m4.htm
http://www.amegamounts.com/product_pages/rugerMini14.php

Marcus99

Bearcat
Thanks guys. Took it to the range the other day and put 60rds on paper off a rest at 50 and 100yds using 55gr FMJ .223 factory American Eagle and a new factory Ruger 20rd mag. It groups more or less where I read it would at 100yds, basically 4-5 inches. It's shooting low and to the right however, so once it warms up I'll drift the sights and get it center using my own reloads.

57springer

Buckeye
Marcus99 said:
Thanks guys. Took it to the range the other day and put 60rds on paper off a rest at 50 and 100yds using 55gr FMJ .223 factory American Eagle and a new factory Ruger 20rd mag. It groups more or less where I read it would at 100yds, basically 4-5 inches. It's shooting low and to the right however, so once it warms up I'll drift the sights and get it center using my own reloads.
Glad you got the gun :wink: remember it is not a target gun and you will be happy with it ! :!: