Initials Anyone ???

Help Support Ruger Forum:

revhigh

Hawkeye
Just letting everyone know. I've noticed recently that some members have been using initials in their posts, mostly in a derogatory manner, and some of which stand for cursing and/or insults. For example ... WTF, or AH, or others which I have yet to translate. LOL.

When I see a post like this it will be summarily deleted. You will not be notified, PM'ed, or publicly chastised. If it continues, YOU will be deleted, you will not be notified, PM'ed, or publicly chastised.

This seems to be happening primarily with new members who may not be aware of rules here at RF. Simply put ... we don't do that here. It may be allowed on other firearm forums or other forums in general, but it is not allowed here.

Please don't do it. If you notice a post you made is gone, use that as guidance that something in it was unacceptable, and try not to repeat the mistake.

As a man much wiser than me said recently .... this is a PRIVATE forum ... it may exist in the public domain, but members are allowed here solely because of the generous allowance of the owners. Please try to respect the owners and other members by agreeing/disagreeing respectfully. No need for initials or insults .... unless someone says that they don't like 1911's ... then the gloves are allowed to come off. :D

Cheers !!!

REV

Mike J

Hunter
LOL-I can't remember how to spell the real company name Rev & I'd really be scared to try to say it.

revhigh

Hawkeye
Mike J":2ven2bq9 said:
LOL-I can't remember how to spell the real company name Rev & I'd really be scared to try to say it.

I think it's Czeskoborovskymelinbka Zelichnoyatamaneepa ....

Nah, it's really Česká Zbrojovka

It translates to 'REALLY ACCURATE OUT OF THE BOX GUN' .... seriously ....

REV

tdyoung58

Bearcat
revhigh":13s1yf8h said:
Just letting everyone know. I've noticed recently that some members have been using initials in their posts, mostly in a derogatory manner, and some of which stand for cursing and/or insults. For example ... WTF, or AH, or others which I have yet to translate. LOL.

When I see a post like this it will be summarily deleted. You will not be notified, PM'ed, or publicly chastised. If it continues, YOU will be deleted, you will not be notified, PM'ed, or publicly chastised.

This seems to be happening primarily with new members who may not be aware of rules here at RF. Simply put ... we don't do that here. It may be allowed on other firearm forums or other forums in general, but it is not allowed here.

Please don't do it. If you notice a post you made is gone, use that as guidance that something in it was unacceptable, and try not to repeat the mistake.

As a man much wiser than me said recently .... this is a PRIVATE forum ... it may exist in the public domain, but members are allowed here solely because of the generous allowance of the owners. Please try to respect the owners and other members by agreeing/disagreeing respectfully. No need for initials or insults .... unless someone says that they don't like 1911's ... then the gloves are allowed to come off. :D

Cheers !!!

REV

Ya'll PA people are out to ruin it for everyone :lol:

revhigh

Hawkeye
Yeah, we're just like that here in the Great state of PA, tdy .... sure wish we didn't have Murtha and Specter ..... Can't wait till November.

REV

welder

Buckeye
REV, I solidly support you on this. These are attempts at being cute and are just generic and trashy. RF is far better than that. Thanks.

revhigh

Hawkeye
Thanks for the support welder .... we've had a rash of it lately, hopefully it will calm down.

You're right ... we're better than that.

Some of them I couldn't even figure out .... :D

REV

aaronrb204

Bearcat
May I ask for a point of clarification? What sort of abbreviations/initials are allowed?

IMHO, YMMV, FTF, FTE? I would guess those last 2 are fine but the first two are just ways of making sure people recognize it as opinion.

langenc

Single-Sixer
revhigh":382fb7ks said:
Yeah, we're just like that here in the Great state of PA, tdy .... sure wish we didn't have Murtha and Specter ..... Can't wait till November.

REV

Murtha will be back. He brings pork to the district like the airport that has practically no traffic but gets millions for upgrades.

Double Maduro

Single-Sixer
hittman":16zmquwq said:
Only ones in poor taste are subject to being deleted.

Rev,

While I support your effort to keep the forums on a more cordial level, I have to wonder who decides what's "in poor taste".

Does this mean we can't use "Rosie O'donnel" anymore?

DM

revhigh

Hawkeye
DM,

ROD is fine ... that's a universally accepted symbol for disgust and despicability ... kind of like Nancy Pelosi.

Seriously, IMHO, and all that is fine. WTF and you are an AH are not.

Hopefully we'll never have to talk about this again.

REV

ArmedinAZ

Buckeye
revhigh":1f1szp1y said:
DM,

ROD is fine ... that's a universally accepted symbol for disgust and despicability ... kind of like Nancy Pelosi.

Seriously, IMHO, and all that is fine. WTF and you are an AH are not.

Hopefully we'll never have to talk about this again.

REV

Oh boy. Sure hope none of the liberal members from the Political forum venture over here where we actually talk about guns n stuff. They get all huffy when you dis NP. (<- is that a no-no? sorry)

Point understood and appreciated.

Latest posts