Info on Ruger Single Six

Help Support Ruger Forum:

robrod

Bearcat
Bought a ruger single six for $150 and some power tools. The serial # is 21-40515 under right side cylinder. Under left side it says Ruger .22 CAL SINGLE SIX with logo. Barrel looks to be 6 1/2" and on top of barrel it says. STURM RUGER AND CO INC SOUTHPORT CONN USA. Grips are wooden with the logo on each side. It came in the original box. It has the 22LR and the 22 MAG cylinder. Just want to know when it was manufactured and if I made out OK on the deal. It is in top condition with just a few scratches on the left grip. Any info would be appreciated.

RedLabel

Single-Sixer
So you got this gun for $150 including tools? Holy crap! According to Rugers site it was made in 1972. That's a deal in my book!!!! Where do you live? I need to come there.

Yep, most likely made in 1972 . . . almost the last year.

RENE puts a "collector quality" 6-1/2" prefix-numbered convertible at $400, and the appropriate box at around $100 depending on end label marking.

:)

RedLabel said:
So you got this gun for $150 including tools? Holy crap! According to Rugers site it was made in 1972. That's a deal in my book!!!! Where do you live? I need to come there.

I think he meant that he used some power tools as a partial trade toward the Single-Six...

That's the way I read it, anyway. :p

Latest posts