info on 10 22 triger job

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Randel

Bearcat
thought i saw a post on here that showed how to do your own trigger job,had photos showing where to remove and how much,but can not find it now,thanks in advance

wetidlerjr

Single-Sixer
The "quick and easy" method is to replace the hammer with a Volquartsen model. I have done that in three 10/22s and there was an immediate, noticeable improvement in the trigger. Many do nothing more than that and it eliminates any chance of the "I went too far and now my 10/22 is full-auto." syndrome. :wink:

BlkHawk73

Hunter
Having done a bunch of the 10/22 builds, I've tried a bunch of different routes and have found the good rebuilds better than the DIY drop-in stuff and is not much more money. The end result at least on the ones I've had rebuilt (I use TT Shooter) were better than the $200 Volquartsen assembly.

wetidlerjr

Single-Sixer
BlkHawk73":3cj0yo9r said:
Having done a bunch of the 10/22 builds, I've tried a bunch of different routes and have found the good rebuilds better than the DIY drop-in stuff and is not much more money. The end result at least on the ones I've had rebuilt (I use TT Shooter) were better than the $200 Volquartsen assembly.

And the Volquartsen hammer is only around $30. :wink:

I did a hammer and spring replace on my charger with then new plastic trigger group and discovered a problem... when you pulled the trigger with the safety on as is normal nothing happened but when you pushed the safety off the hammer would fall and gun would go BANG. I don't know if this was just specific with my plastic trigger group charger, never had this problem with the metal trigger groups on my other 3 10/22s, but I would be cautious and check this for sure if you do the replacement on a newer plastic trigger grip... it has to do with the play between the safety and the sear in the group.

T.A. WORKMAN

Hunter
wetidlerjr":o78dru02 said:
The "quick and easy" method is to replace the hammer with a Volquartsen model. I have done that in three 10/22s and there was an immediate, noticeable improvement in the trigger. Many do nothing more than that and it eliminates any chance of the "I went too far and now my 10/22 is full-auto." syndrome. :wink:

+1! I,ve done the hammer replacement on three of mine also!
Very happy with the results.
Terry

Randel

Bearcat
put the vq hammer and spring in over the weekend and it is much better,might try to polish the old one and see what kind of job i get!
thanks for all the info

wetidlerjr

Single-Sixer
blume357":ee5hxhz9 said:
I did a hammer and spring replace on my charger with then new plastic trigger group and discovered a problem... when you pulled the trigger with the safety on as is normal nothing happened but when you pushed the safety off the hammer would fall and gun would go BANG. I don't know if this was just specific with my plastic trigger group charger, never had this problem with the metal trigger groups on my other 3 10/22s, but I would be cautious and check this for sure if you do the replacement on a newer plastic trigger grip... it has to do with the play between the safety and the sear in the group.

I put the Volquartsen hammer in my polymer group Charger and it operated correctly, just like the metal groups. :wink:

BlkHawk73

Hunter
wetidlerjr":21zc0x98 said:
BlkHawk73":21zc0x98 said:

And you get what you pay for. :wink: When his rework along with a couple other reworks are high rated than the Volquartsen assembly that kinda says something. The Vol assembly uses the same parts as they sell seperately sooo... I've tried the Vol drop in stuff and hated 'em. $30, $50, $90...I'll spend more and get the MUCH better end result. Then again, I'll spend $200 for a Jard and $300 for a Kidd...You get what you pay for.

wetidlerjr

Single-Sixer
BlkHawk73":v76jx5f5 said:
wetidlerjr":v76jx5f5 said:
BlkHawk73":v76jx5f5 said:

And you get what you pay for. :wink: When his rework along with a couple other reworks are high rated than the Volquartsen assembly that kinda says something. The Vol assembly uses the same parts as they sell seperately sooo... I've tried the Vol drop in stuff and hated 'em. $30, $50, $90...I'll spend more and get the MUCH better end result. Then again, I'll spend $200 for a Jard and $300 for a Kidd...You get what you pay for.

And I got what I paid for. Every MUCH better penny ! Thanks for your concern, though.
grinning-smiley-003-1.gif