Info needed on BKH-36-------------------------

Help Support Ruger Forum:

MADDOG 521

Single-Sixer
I found a BKH-36 for sale in about 80 to 85% condition. The serial number is 3960X. If I'm reading the reference book right it is a 1962 Type 4 Flattop, with 8 groove rifling. My only concern is the trigger plunger. When I cock it the plunger it seems to be about 35 to 40% off to the side of the very narrow trigger. Is this correct? Everything is good and tight and the bore is pristine. Other than that it is as I stated. No box or any extras of any kind. The shop wants $270 OTD. What do ya'll think.

ANY 'old model ' under the price of $300-350 is a "buy" they are worth that in the parts alone ( if not converted.....) and all the parts are "original", then its a question, of "condition........" an order to the scheme of things.... :wink:

contender

Ruger Guru
I second rugerguys assesment! Buy the thing!
As for the plunger being "off center," ; I've seen several that seem that way. never seemed to be a problem!

The OM trigger return plunger is off-center somewhat, and at a slight angle so the drill bit could get in there and drill the hole for it.

I'd say that's a heckuva price unless it's totally trashed.

:)

MADDOG 521

Single-Sixer
I was really concerned about the plunger and ya'll say that should be no problem. I guess I'll go back and get it. They also have a 1965 RSS5X with both cylinders for a good price also. Maybe I can get a group price.

Just so's we're clear, I'm talking about the little spring-loaded plunger that sits right behind the upper end of the trigger, visible in the trigger guard opening.

For comparison's sake, the RSS5X should have an identical plunger. See if they look the same . . . they should.

:)

MADDOG 521":1gloy4ns said:
I found a BKH-36 for sale in about 80 to 85% condition. The serial number is 3960X. If I'm reading the reference book right it is a 1962 Type 4 Flattop, with 8 groove rifling. My only concern is the trigger plunger. When I cock it the plunger it seems to be about 35 to 40% off to the side of the very narrow trigger. Is this correct? Everything is good and tight and the bore is pristine. Other than that it is as I stated. No box or any extras of any kind. The shop wants $270 OTD. What do ya'll think.

As stated above. The trigger return plunger is drilled at an angle, but the plunger should not be off THE SIDE OF THE TRIGGER BY 35-40% Don't know how it could be. A different grip frame or trigger would fix it if need be.
IMHO,
Jim

MADDOG 521

Single-Sixer
The plunger on the BKH seems to be over/out side of the trigger move so than on the RSS. The trigger seems to be narrower than the RSS also. There is no side to side movement at all in the plunger. It just appeared odd. Both should make great shooters.

yep, its boogered, better send it over here, I'll take it, and you won't have to ever worry your, sweet ,dear heart ,ever again, and you'll even "feel better" too...now THAT would be the Christmas spirit....hee, hee :roll:

yes, we have seen a few here and there, appear to be a bit MORE off center than others, ( they are ...........)

Latest posts