Index pin for grip, can it be replaced?

Help Support Ruger Forum:

OVERLOADDED

Single-Sixer
I have at least 2 different grip frames, 2 of them the pin used to properly alone the grips, is hollow. The other grip frame, NR3-RED has a sold pin. I prefer the hollow pin!. Can I drive the pin out? And replace with a hollow pin? Overloadded

yes, the taper of the solid pin makes it a "bit" harder to "remake" and either will work, just gotta remember to "roll" the edges of the "roll pin"........ :wink:
to drive out the original pin best to use a "bench block" to support the side of the frame.

no , not a need for that at all, mainly you have two different materials you are dealing with, the steel pin and the aluminum grip frame....you firmly support it ( the flat frame) and use a BFH it will come out, drive through , once it breaks loose....would have had it out already in the time it took to type this......... 8) :roll: :wink:

Bob Wright

Hawkeye
As a matter of interest, I went to one of the larger Ace Hardware stores here in Memphis and found a variety of gun screws and roll pins in their nuts and bolts section. I bought a variety of each.

Also found a thread checker for gun gun screws, for 6-48 and 8-? threads.

Bob Wright