Independence .357Mag ammo?

Help Support Ruger Forum:

earl616

Bearcat
I just picked up 5 boxes of Independence .357Mag JSP ammo. Does anybody have experience wit this stuff? AND, does anybody know the MV of this ammo...can't find it anywhere (even on the box). Is this ammo manufactured by a major factory ammo outfit? ...Thanks a lot for any info on this.

Jimbo357mag

Hawkeye
I have shot it as "range ammo" at my indoor range. It was ok nothing special. I did some reasearch and found a lot of reports of FTF's etc. Seems that some say it is CCI and others say Federal, I don't know. I found this on the internet:

http://www.ableammo.com/catalog/product ... s_id=74632

Federal Cartridge Independence Ammunition 5254, 357 Remington Mag, Jacketed Soft Point, 158 GR, 1240 fps, 50 Rd/bx

...Jimbo

Jimbo357mag

Hawkeye
I also foud this about ATK. They own a whole lot of shooting brands. Who knew ??

http://glarp.atk.com/policies/PrivacyPolicy.html

Alliant Techsystems Inc., its subsidiaries, and related companies (collectively referred to as "ATK") make reasonable efforts to protect the privacy of your personal information. This privacy policy was created to demonstrate our commitment to fair information practices.

This policy covers ATK's use of personal information that ATK collects when you use the following websites:

www.federalpremium.com
www.fusionammo.com
www.cci-ammunition.com
www.speer-bullets.com
www.blazer-ammo.com
www.speer-ammo.com
www.blackcloudammo.com
www.estatecartridge.com
www.alliantpowder.com
www.rcbs.com
www.redfield-mounts.com
www.simmons-mounts.com