In the starting gate...

Help Support Ruger Forum:

BlkHawk73

Hunter
Just sent of inquiries to John Gallagher and Klamath River for some major gunsmithing of a couple revolvers and some equally nice grips for each of them. One's been a long time coming and planning but it's gonna happen this time. Has to! I can handle the wait I expect 4-6 months I'm guessing, for the guns it's getting them back and then waiting for the grips I hate. :lol:

BlkHawk73

Hunter
Gallagher's done a couple simple jobs for me (brass bisley, .22 Bisley Hunter) and KRW has done grips for each of them. Both did great work!

BlkHawk73

Hunter
Heard back both parties. The wood for my grips is being cut so it'll dry properly. I'll send him my want of medallians when I ship the grip frame to him for fitting. that won't be til spring I think though. Gallagher can't start until late Jan/early Feb. Add 4-9 weeks and I might have it done by spring 2010. Have waited this long, can wait a bit longer.
My Single Six project in suspended at least for now unless I find a beater .32 mag. Rimfire -> centerifre conversion get's costly.

flatgate

Hawkeye
BlkHawk73":24k3mrym said:
unless I find a beater .32 mag. Rimfire

Well, if you do find one it certainly ain't going to be a SR&Co. item....
:roll:

I know you meant to type "beater .32 mag. CENTERFIRE".

flatgate

PS I found one last summer for $375 and it's a SSM marked version. I'm trying to get the lockwork to function properly since the previous owner thought he was going to "free spin" the pawl and it's totally FUBAR at the moment.

BlkHawk73

Hunter
Me bad...Thanx! If one I've seen at a shop up here is still there, I'll buy that one, a minty 6 1/2" w/ box and use the 5 1/2" I got the other day.