In need of a black base pin for my New Model Bearcat

Help Support Ruger Forum:

bluegrassstate

Bearcat
I'm in need of a black base pin for my New Model Bearcat. When re-assembling after cleaning, I had trouble inserting the base pin and noticed it was bent. Therefore, I'm in need of a replacement. I've checked with Numrich and Midway and was unable to find one. Does anyone know of another place that may have what I'm looking for? Any help will be greatly appreciated. Many thanks from the Bluegrassstate..

roll it back and forth over a hard surface, preferably metal work bench top??? go back and forth and when you SEE the 'bent' portion UP, arched across the horizontal plane, give the center of this "arch" a smack with a brass hammer ( or put some electricians tape on the face of your "regular" hammer), and you can tap -tap this bent portion back down and straighten the pin, easier said than done BUT, it works,,,,,,we used to have to fix them that way years ago.............see FREE!....advice, no charge

PS you can also do this across an "open" bench vise, span it across the jaws, just gotta remember to support both ends.........:cool:;):rolleyes:

Happy New Year.........gung hay fat choy........:whistle:

KIR

Sparks, NV
One of my fave local places for small parts for firearms is a local Ace Hardware store. I was surprised they had a section with pins, screws, etc. Hope you have one in your town. Mine is in Reno.

contender

Ruger Guru
Uhh Hondo,, he stated; "New Model!"

KIR,,, a base pin is not a hardware part. Unless your Ace Hdwe store is also a gun shop, I doubt they have base pins.

Gee, just how bent can it be ?? you said you took it apart, so it worked before??? tough to bend ANY center pin, new model or old model....heck we could have had it STRAIGHT already????
and NO hardware store these days carry "gun parts", may be some small screws will be close ( gun threads are different than "hardware" threads.....)
years ago some hardware stores used to sell rifles and shotguns and had a "few" things one could use..........