In My Comfort Zone Now!

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Landspeedracer

Bearcat
I am known by my gun buddies as Wheelgun Man, I do own three Target 1911'S but my Rheumatoid Arthritis has
gotten so bad I can't rack the slide back most of the time but I love revolvers and have every since I started shooting at tin cans when I was 10 years old with my Daddy standing right behind me making sure I was using safe shooting etiquette. I wish years ago I had started a gun ledger with model number, serial number and any changed that might have been made to any Gun in the book and also tried to take a couple of pictures of each gun I ever owned. I did make a note for my memory of each revolver I owned. To date I have owned over 300
revolvers, shot and enjoyed each one of them. Many were unfired when I got them but I take super care of all my guns so they were none the worse for getting fired. My favorite long range revolvers are a Ruger Blackhawk In
.357 and a Super Blackhawk in .44 Mag,with the ..357 getting the nod for favorite. I have a new .357 coming from a competitor that starts with a C and the gun is an exotic snake name. I didn't know if you mentioned competitors names on the forum at all!

contender

Ruger Guru
I've got all kinds of guns,, but I'm very comfortable with revolvers myself. You are in good company.

And yes,, you can mention competitor names here,, we don't get upset!

Landspeedracer

Bearcat
I have a new Colt Python with the 6" barrel that will be here in maybe a week. Like all things new there's always
those that like to compare it to the old original and find fault with thee we new version. I hunted the country over when Colt first advertised the new Python but I was diligent in my search and I bought the 4" barrel version, it was the slickest action I have ever fired except for a full custom Super Blackhawk I now have. Anyway I wanted an engraved Python on a 6" barrel version so I easily sold the 4" gun and went to searching for a 6" engraved Python but there wasn't any. I was pleased to finally find and buy a 6" barrel Gun, there is also not a Master Engraver from Atlanta, Ga. to Birmingham, Al, so
I will be target shooting a Canvas, But the new Pythons are outstanding and every bit as good as the old originals,
I haven't seen a down load pictures button anywhere, how do you load and post pictures on this forum?

contender

Ruger Guru
Sounds like a nice Colt there.

As for pictures,, I don't think they have a direct way to post pictures. You have to use a 3rd party picture host,, like "postimage" or "imgur" first. Then use that to post them here.
I use postimage myself. Quite easy.

Landspeedracer

Bearcat
Hey there contender; you could spread your self a little thin with that resume you have there, Be careful
With your time where You can visit your local shooting range at least once a week.

Landspeedracer

Bearcat
Always been a wheelgun man and being that I am ancient
Now guess I will always be. A. Revolver should be built
Of shinny blue steel with fancy wood stocks since real Ivory is all but impossible to buy now.

contender

Ruger Guru
:D :D "You can visit your local shooting range at least once a week." :D :D

Hah! I OWN a gun range! (7) handgun bays of which, one doubles as my 100 yd range.

And my resume stuff above,, some of those things I'm no longer active in. SASS,, I quit it long ago,,, as they didn't allow a "period correct barefoot guy to shoot locally. My SCUBA instruction days are over,, as I retired from teaching that when I got tired of the scuba industry didn't support smaller instructors & dealership restrictions on how close a shop could be to another shop carrying the same equipment. And after 50 continuous years in the same BSA Troop,, I retired from the BSA. I still help as a community person,, but not actively involved directly with the boys,, due to many of the changes involved with the National BSA policies. (They wanted all adults to re-submit their application, AND allow an extensive,, but not necessarily private & very intrusive background check,,, that they could share with whomever THEY choose,, combined with a huge increase in fees to be a member for both boys and adults.)

I'm not a couch potato for sure,, and enjoy an active life!

Landspeedracer:
Hey, I use Imgur to post pictures here. If you figure it out, we'd love to see some pictures of the new revolver! I've seen those Colts advertised, but haven't held one yet. I think I prefer revolvers over semi auto's also, but have probably an equal number of both.

Jon406

Single-Sixer
I can relate to not being able to rack a slide any longer... I love revolvers and prefer single actions more but have both.

Latest posts