Import/ Export stamps

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Can anyone offer any info on some barrel markings.
These are on a few Cabala's finds last year.

On a RST4
285675532.jpg

285675521.jpg

On a BKH34
285675516.jpg

285675513.jpg

paul s

Bearcat
The auto looks like french proofs. The Blackhawk looks like German proofs dated 1973

Hi the auto looks french I was looking at a colorodo US bicentenial single six marked the same way I thought about buying because it was 1 of 80 sent over and brought back but passed on it if you collect these I would send you contact info they were asking around $ 640

GRAMPS

Carl my friend, I still thank you for that British proofed .44 FT, the only one that I have ever seen. It is always prominently displayed with my .44 Flatties.

I like foreign proofed old models, I have a .357 that is German proofed like the one pictured and also a British proofed .357.

Also, until recently I had a Super Blackhawk with German proofs like the .357 pictured. I hear that particular S47 is up for sale, if anyone is interested let me know and I'll try to hook you up.

Not many of these proofed guns seem to make it back to the USA, these are pretty rare.

FT44

flatgate

Hawkeye
Well, Bill, you returned the favor.......

I now have a consecutive numbered pair of late shipped, XR3-RED grip framed .44 Flattops!

331486214.jpg

"....... I get by with a little help from my Friends......."

flatgate

Nice guns, I think you'll find the ones that actually sold in any military 'PX' were not marked, as the 'PX' actually is still 'US property??? so we were told.......but the commercial version guns send to those countries were indeed ' foreign ' proof marked,seen British and Italian as well.. A GI living off base, could have picked one up at a local shop..seent that happen....my wife sold hers some years ago, when she was "cleaning out ( thinning the herd) but hers were .22s, not Blackhawks..........and the ones she kept, that have the 'military release papers, and bought overseas, from the 'PX" ,were NOT 'foreign proofed'.....she only kept them because they were 'consecutive numbered to ones found here in the state.....

41 nut

Bearcat
I have an old model 41 mag with German proof marks. Bought if from the estate of a serviceman who had spent a number of years stationed in Germany. Had a chance to purchase a British proofed 41mag a few years ago from a gentleman in Africa. Couldn't reach a deal because what he wanted for it and cost of having it imported I would have had $10,000 plus in the gun.