I'm loving my P95!

Help Support Ruger Forum:

ab4ka

Single-Sixer
Today I got to go shooting and (among other things) I put 150 rounds thru my P95R and it just getting better and better. As much as I love the feel of my Bersa Thunder 9UC (which I carry when I need something smaller, and the trigger on it feels better), I'm much more accurate with the Ruger. I could have put a lot more rounds thru it today but I had to stop somewhere :p The only downside was I was carrying it in my Kholster, and the bottom 1/2" or so of the slide sticks down past below the leather backer, and I'd been shooting and just shoved it in so I could change targets and didn't realize how hot the slide was and ended up with a nice fat blister on my hip. Oh well, the pain of having fun :lol:

Spikess

Bearcat
P95's are amazing guns. I love mine and still can't believe I got so much gun for so little money.

pistolpete

Single-Sixer
I bought a beretta 92fs because I wanted a premium 9mm, but I actaully like the p95 better. The beretta is more accurate, has a much better trigger, and is a much better firearm by all standards. I guess it's kind of like the guys who prefer a mini 14 to an AR 15. But I really like the p95. I love how simple the slide is and how easy it is to take out the firing pin. I love how it's almost entirely stainless and polymer. Now I've had problems with this gun that i had to fix, but I just love it.

ab4ka

Single-Sixer
I had a Beretta 92 that I let get away from me and I wish I still had it. I had a 96G that I loved, and I got the 92 to go with it. Too big for CCW, but sweet shooters!

GhosT

Blackhawk
My P95..
Original model.

Wears an over a decade old set of MEPRO nite sites...as bright as the day I bought em..

Wears a HOGUE handall grip...that fits my hand perfect!

Have quick access to 3 RUGER 15 round FACTORY MAGS(including the one in the gun).

LOADED WITH CORBONS.......
MY POINT?

One of many trusted/proven accurate handguns for home defense . ;)

ab4ka

Single-Sixer
I need to get night sights on mine. I tried the Hogue on it but decided I liked it better without. 3 factory mags myself, Remington 124gr +P Golden Sabers. Seems to be a good combo :D

noob

Bearcat
I like my p95 (i sometimes want to get rid of it, but then I bring it to the range, and remember how easy it shoots), but I honestly don't like the trigger... The trigger on my Springfield XD is WAYY better, but even the XD isn't awesome. I'm more accurate with the XD, and like the trigger better on it, but the ruger is so much easier to shoot fast... It barely has any recoil, and gets right back on target.

ab4ka

Single-Sixer
I had the XD9 in all three flavors...the subcompact, the service model and the Tactical. Of the three I liked the Service the best. The Tactical was nice but just didn't "move" me. I carried the sc for a long time, traded it, now still wish I had it. But to be honest, I like the Bersa Thunder 9UC that I have now better than the XD9sc. I carry my P95 when wardrobe allows, the rest of the time I've got my Bersa in my pocket (in a holster).

GhosT

Blackhawk
ab4ka

XD's....
Although don't own one TOTAL RESPECT for them....
Followed every report I could find when they came out,A good gun at a good price!
And" Remington 124gr +P Golden Sabers"....
Use Golden SABERS in my RUGER P91.---my .40 cal gun.
Golden sabers,JMHO, a great choice.

DA_TriggR4Ruger,
If not kidding...

"You mean I can actually get them(nite sites) for the P95?"
My Mepros surprised the hell outta me....
Cheaper than the Trigicons(SP?),
Well past the promised date from the company, yet going strong.
No joke, just as bright as the day I bought them!

Daylight, good average fixed sites,
Nighttime...Quick site access

noob,
Comparing the P95 trigger to yer Springfield XD is like comparing it to a GLOCK.

No way a shot to either of those guns, but just a different design.
Never fired either of those(other than dry firing)....
I would suck firing either....lol

Ruger double action semi autos....trigger pull....
Feels natural to me, used to em, like em. :)

ab4ka

Single-Sixer
When I got my first XD, I had been all Glock up to that point, and I liked the XD trigger (and overall feel) so much better I made the big switch. They truly are great guns in my opinion. But, (even though I'd like an SR9 to play with) I like a traditional DA/SA with a hammer and a safety, and my P95 fills that role perfectly.

I used to love my Glocks, but the XD just felt better, and I liked the grip safety. If I had a chance to get another XD9sc I'd grab it, but my Bersa fills the need perfectly. I just wish Ruger had a compact 9mm about that size, I'd be all over it.

ab4ka

Single-Sixer
Man...I hate to keep on, but I love this gun! I put another 100 rounds thru it and once I got in my groove (I shot 3 different pistols so it took me a few rounds to get on target) I just sat there blowing the center out of the target. What I wouldn't give for a compact version of this gun. I'd love to carry this one everywhere, but many days the situation dictates something smaller. I've been carrying my Bersa Thunder 9 UC, but for some reason today I couldn't hit anything with it. I don't know what the deal was. It's a sweet little gun, I guess I just need more practice.

BuckJM53

Single-Sixer
ab4ka":qfg2mday said:
Man...I hate to keep on, but I love this gun! .... I just sat there blowing the center out of the target.
ab4ka .... I'm with you ... I've said time and again, that while not a match grade target pistol (by any stretch of the imagination), the P95 is alot more accurate then many give it credit for. A $300 stock service pistol that can consistantly achieve 1-1/2" groups at 25' (2 hand standing) is OK in my book (did I mention how much I love this gun :lol:). For fun some time, I'm going to see how it groups at 25 yards off of a rest (I've heard that it will do 5 shot groups at 3.5" or better).
target70909_-1.jpg

9x19

Hunter
Between me and my three sons, we've owned a fair number of 95s and they have all performed quite well.

This is my most recent example:

KP95.jpg

BuckJM53":8hbi734i said:
ab4ka":8hbi734i said:
Man...I hate to keep on, but I love this gun! .... I just sat there blowing the center out of the target.
ab4ka .... I'm with you ... I've said time and again, that while not a match grade target pistol (by any stretch of the imagination), the P95 is alot more accurate then many give it credit for. A $300 stock service pistol that can consistantly achieve 1-1/2" groups at 25' (2 hand standing) is OK in my book (did I mention how much I love this gun :lol:). For fun some time, I'm going to see how it groups at 25 yards off of a rest (I've heard that it will do 5 shot groups at 3.5" or better).
target70909_-1.jpg

Buck,

That is outstanding shooting!!! I only wish I could come close to that with my P95. Oh, let me clarify - my P95 could do that but I can't!!! :(

BuckJM53

Single-Sixer
Tensaw":skjpake0 said:
Buck,

That is outstanding shooting!!! I only wish I could come close to that with my P95. Oh, let me clarify - my P95 could do that but I can't!!! :(
Thanks Tensaw ... I've been working very hard lately on trigger control, and while I spend most of my serious target practice with my MKIII512 (400 - 500 rounds per week), I have noticed (as an added benefit) that it has helped tighten my groups with my 9's and .45s as well.

ab4ka

Single-Sixer
I've been working on trying to be accurate with that first DA pull, as I figure if I ever needed to use it in a serious social situation, it had better be on target. I've gotten better with it, but it's sure not as easy as the SA. I've also been doing a lot of dry firing with it, and not only is the gun smoothing up but I'm getting better with it.

Spikess

Bearcat
Tensaw":3sbghvva said:
BuckJM53":3sbghvva said:
ab4ka":3sbghvva said:
target70909_-1.jpg

Buck,

That sounds like me. The pistol is much more accurate than I'm capable of shooting. My old eyes ain't what they used to be. At least I can put all of 'em in a 10 inch circle at 10 yards, rapid fire, which is what the P95 is made for I guess.