I'm hooked! Is there a cure?

Help Support Ruger Forum:

tss106

Single-Sixer
I can't believe it....., I'm in my mid-40's, been a rifle/shotgun shooter and hunter all my life but never got into pistol shooting until recently. It started a couple months ago when I bought an older Single Six off a co-worker. Now I added a New Model .357 Blackhawk with the 4-5/8" barrel (bought it off the same guy as the SS). Man these revolvers are fun! My son and I are literally having a blast! All we've shot out of the .357 so far are .38 SPL......, next trip to the range, we're trying the .357 Mag rounds. I'm (we're) already trying to decide what revolver to look for next!

bh1.jpg

pistolpair.jpg

mattsbox99

Hunter
The only cure is more Ruger Revolvers! Those are great looking guns! I'm willing to bet you never thought you could have fun with a handgun! My friends all say I have too many guns, but I don't care what they think and they always want to shoot what I have when we all go out to the range.

bigboredad

Blackhawk
trust me there is no cure bought my first single six when I was 12 I worked all summer to save up for it now I'm 41 still shooting the same single six and a couple of really nice .45's and I still get the same satisfaction from a day of shooting the rugers I have a seen a lot of them come and go and kick myself for every one that has left so shoot often buy often and don't sell

BuckJM53

Single-Sixer
What's worse is that as the addiction grows, you'll wake up one day and realize that in addition to the revolvers, there a a whole world of semi-automatic pistols out there :shock:.

Hombre

Bearcat
Howdy tss106

Just a friendly reminder, scrub out the cyl. chambers good before shooting the mag. rounds. The 38 spec. will leave a ring of carbon in the chambers short of the mag. chambering. It makes thing a little easier going with the mag. rounds. Happy shoot'n.......Hombre

StanMemTn

Single-Sixer
Great looking sixguns. +1 on Hombre's advice on scrubbing the ring in the cylinder before shooting the .357 Mags.

If it were me I'd have my sights set on a Bisley in .44 Mag or a New Vaquero in .45 Colt.

-Stephen

RUFFBIRD

Blackhawk
There is no cure for this sickness/addiction. Rugers are like coffee, one never seems like enough. I like the walnut grips on your stainless single six. You are off to a great start & thanks for showing us your beauties. :)

dougader

Hunter
Revolver-Time":14tknew1 said:
Get you a Blackhawk in 45 Colt. I think it is the best balanced Blackhawk in the line.

I'm a huge 45 Colt fan, but I have to admit - that little 44 Special Blackhawk that Ruger built for Lipseys is pretty close to perfect. Its got me looking at the old 3 screw flat tops in 357 magnum.

Of course, then I start thinking of a 45 Colt conversion for these handy little flat tops.

Papa

Bearcat
They've got you covered dude, you've joined the ranks of the most dedicated handgun shooters in the USA!!

Welcome aboard!! :D :D

Papa

Jayhawkhuntclub

Buckeye
tss: That's nothing. My dad, who is about to turn 70, had one pistol for the first 68.5 years of his life. He now owns 15. He bought two last week. See, you're not so bad:) Actually, I haven't called him today, so he may be up to 16 or 17.

maxpress

Buckeye
i just bought a 2 NVs to go with my OM vaquero .44. one in stainless .45 and a blue .357. both have the 4 5/8 barrel.

just asked your question last week and am having a blast with my addictions.