I'm a rich man!

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Bob Wright

Hawkeye
I made sausage and biscuits this morning for breakfast. After breakfast, I sat at the table and sipped a cup of coffee. It's past 7:30 a.m. and I'm still in my pajamas. Well, just the bottoms, I'm wearing a comfortable old Wrangler denim shirt, tail untucked, sleeves unsnapped and doubled back. Its still pretty blue yet, despite being washed many times. I look out the window, and its a gray day, a slow steady rain is falling, and I'm inside, dry and comfortable. Many memories flood my mind, good memories, memories of road trips to far destinations with my beloved wife Nita.

I'll get dressed shortly. But there's nothing on the schedule today, so I may just lounge around today. Still have a few sore spots from yard work.

I have enough income to live comfortably, though with some careful budgeting. But, all in all, I'm a man richly blessed. I am a rich man.

Bob Wright

KIR

Single-Sixer
I am not rich, just independently wealthy! Well, I woke up this mornin', she was next to me. She made me a cup of joe while takin' a shower. Dressed in my camo, loungin' jammies and my Ruger tee. Checked the baseball schedule and yeah, I love it. Nothing like bashin' a baseball with a bat in your own hands. Both my fave teams (ANGELS and DODGERS in diff leagues) are off today, but I got wine and a salmon steak in the fridge for later today. Gonna kick back and read my latest book.

bearskinner

Single-Sixer
Just enjoying the simple things in life, who we are with, and appreciating mental, spiritual and physical health, I feel blessed and rich every waking moment, as well.

bookemdano

Bearcat
I know exactly what you mean Bob. My wife and I have worked hard all
our lives to retire and now we have. I love sitting out on the swing and
reading while watching the wildlife. We live on 28 acres of woods, hills
and wildlife.
Here's what I mean: Our home, pond, and the wildlife we share it with.
A lot of people pay big money for a few days of what we live 24/7/365.
I am one very blessed man.
Dano
new driveway 4-29-17 (7).jpg

1-15-15.jpg

4-30-20 (2).jpg

5-24-16 From the Dam (1).jpg

103364.jpg
IMG_0916 (1).jpg

bookemdano

Bearcat
It's been in the 90's with humidity's hovering around 90% here lately but today
it was 76 and only a 60% humidity. Wife and I went for a walk, just a mile & a 1/2
and then we grabbed our books and a cold bottle of water and sat out on the
swing for nearly 2 hours. Just relaxing, listening to the birds and enjoying reading
and being together. Watched a Red Tailed hawk catch a squirrel not 30 feet
from us. Seen 3 mink in the creek below the house digging for crawdads.
That's my life and I love it. I make food plots for my deer and turkey of clover,
fescue and turnips. I feed them corn and oats all year and the regulars all
know us. They'll hang around in the woods in plain site while we put out
corn and rush in as soon as we pick up the empty buckets and walk off. Had one
that got so tame I tied a red bandana around her neck so people would know
she was a pet.
Here's a pic of when she destroyed some flowers my wife had in the window.
And one of some of our babies.:
Tomato robber 003.jpg

7-14-15 twins (5).jpg

Dano

Jeepnik

Hawkeye
I really wish this were true. Back in the 70's I learned that idiocy seemed to expand exponentially with some folks. I spent quite a bit of time looking for lost and injured folks in the SoCal desert, picking up broken bodies of others and generally dealing with the results of stupidity gone wild. Today, I think it's worse. These days when I take off for the mountains or deserts I try to find areas as devoid as people as possible.

Latest posts