I'll never trust a Trijicon product again.

Help Support Ruger Forum:

ConradM

Blackhawk
Mike J":2g4yqu4f said:
I think the ones I was seeing posted about were truglo TFO's. A lot of people really liked them too though.

Those look nice too. But they're taller so you have to get the set and I just need a front sight.

ConradM

Blackhawk
snakespit":44hk2y8h said:
You won't trust themn anymore yet you keep your SR9?

What does a dead night sight have to do with the SR9? :roll:

supernac

Bearcat
I have a green hiviz on my sr9, it's not very bright. In fact in some situations I think the stock sight would do better. As far as durability, unless you smack it with a hammer I don't see how you could break it. I would recommend that you have a gunsmith install it; the sights come oversized and need to be filed down a bit.

revhigh

Hawkeye
Keep in mind that if you have exposed FO sights, you have to be REAL careful cleaning your gun, and many solvets will 'melt' or fog them badly. Birchwood Case makes a Synthetic Gun scrubber that is safe for exposed FO's. I think that's why some companies encapsulate their FO's in other solvent resistand materials.

REV

ConradM

Blackhawk
revhigh":31ol3esw said:
Keep in mind that if you have exposed FO sights, you have to be REAL careful cleaning your gun, and many solvets will 'melt' or fog them badly. Birchwood Case makes a Synthetic Gun scrubber that is safe for exposed FO's. I think that's why some companies encapsulate their FO's in other solvent resistand materials.

REV

Yea as it is I have to be careful with cleaning because the front sight has a trijicon stamp on that would easily come off with solvent.

sparks701

Bearcat
supernac":19y5ehm9 said:
I have a green hiviz on my sr9, it's not very bright. In fact in some situations I think the stock sight would do better. As far as durability, unless you smack it with a hammer I don't see how you could break it. I would recommend that you have a gunsmith install it; the sights come oversized and need to be filed down a bit.
I agree supernac, not really that impressed with my green one either, does not pick up much light at indoor range, not bad outdoors in direct sunlight.

ltapd204

Single-Sixer
Wow, I sure hope you just got a bad sight that slipped through the cracks. My Trijicon sights have been on my Glock 22 for the entire 18 years (purchased new with the sights factory installed) I have owned it and have only recently begun to fade. This includes 18 years of duty use. This has been my primary duty weapon for the past 18 years and has seen many hours of carry and range time. Therefore I trust Trijicon with my life and believe the company would take care of the front sight for you. I realize I am probably an exception to get such long life out of a set of night sights, but it instills my faith in their products.

I will be replacing the factory installed sights with a new set of Trijicons soon.

Good luck with what you decide and the bottom line is you have to feel comfortable with what you carry.

ConradM

Blackhawk
This is what I was looking for.

Someone on another forum just took this picture. The spill from his weapon light is enough for his FO to glow.

FOweaponlight.jpg

That is way more visible than my triji was...

fp2000h

Bearcat
I've never had a bad experience with Trijicon and Meprolight has been very good for me too. I have Meps on my 228 right now. Very bright. I would invest in a laser before a weapon mounted light. CTCs are very good. A light/laser combo would be preferable to the light alone. Hell, use all three. I used to have a P226R with an Insight M6X and that was a great set-up.