I'll miss you SR9:(

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Jimmy X

Bearcat
So I sent out my SR9 today for warranty work. The magazine release button keeps sticking. Anyone have this problem?

Colonialgirl

Hawkeye
I think a while back, there was a "fix" for this listed; must have been about a year ago, Try a search for it; I been meaning to look it up and do a little work on mine.

fangus

Bearcat
i have the same problem,mine sticks with or without a mag in place, im calling monday for service, ive had mine sence feb. always stiff but now much worse.

Colonialgirl

Hawkeye
Shish, Why did I bother to look this up and post it before:

color=darkred]Virginian
Bearcat

Posted: Tue Dec 02, 2008 12:41 am Post subject:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I called Ruger today about the mag release and talked to a Ruger tech named Sam. He told me that they remove the release and scotchbrite it, then lube it with lithium grease and re-install. I tried it, only I had to use 0000 steel wool and Tetra Gun Grease. It worked fine. Still a little hard to use with a full mag but I'm confident that it will get better with use like stated here. It is much, much smoother now.

Now I'll go after the mag disconnect.
[/color]

fangus

Bearcat
its gonna take more then grease to fix mine ,the mag catch actualy turns on an angle, like maybe a crack in the metal when you push the button.

fangus

Bearcat
I got my SR9 back on monday mag release works great they had it for about ten days they also fired 20 rnds to check that everything was working well.