If I could only have one Ruger

Help Support Ruger Forum:

(Original) Vaquero in high-polished stainless in 45Colt. It's one revolver Ruger does well that not many others make. An honorable mention for second place would be a No.1 in 45-70.

One "could" always get double-actions from S&W and single-actions from Freedom Arms (as examples), but I think Ruger has a nice fixed-sight revolver, especially if opting for one in 45Colt with the larger cylinder that can handle "Ruger only" loads.

wws

Bearcat
I guess it would have to be my MarkIII. It's just a lot of fun to shoot.
1659377195449.jpeg

tdg23113

Bearcat
Easy for me, it would be my old model super Blackhawk in 44 Mag. I have owned this revolver since I bought it used in South Boston VA circa 1972. I used to shoot it a lot but have not fired it it years. I think I will take it up to the farm and make sure the sights are still on target. I used to reload for it using Blue Dot powder, I doubt they even make it anymore but it shot well in my gun. I think I still have a couple of pounds.
Dennis

Easy for me, it would be my old model super Blackhawk in 44 Mag. I have owned this revolver since I bought it used in South Boston VA circa 1972. I used to shoot it a lot but have not fired it it years. I think I will take it up to the farm and make sure the sights are still on target. I used to reload for it using Blue Dot powder, I doubt they even make it anymore but it shot well in my gun. I think I still have a couple of pounds.
Dennis
Something about those SBHs. Definitely one of my favorites ;)

gunzo

Buckeye
77/22 AW
It's scoped & has sites, & I love backups. Hard to load if the mag is lost or fails, but doable. Thinking it a great tool for TEOTWAWKI.
And why would give it that role? Because it is likely "the end of the world as we know it" if I can have only one Ruger.

AzGeno

Single-Sixer
I think I have to also agree on the 10/22, especially the take down version.
Another plus is small and lightweight 22 LR ammo, easy to pack and carry.

Rum River

Bearcat
Like all others here - don't want to contemplate only having one.

If I was forced - I have a '99 vintage Redhawk 5 1/2" in .45 Colt. It's been in a bunch of states on a bunch of hunts in a whole lot of weird situations.

BloodyThumb

Bearcat
I have several Rugers and like them all.... but all but one could be replaced with a non Ruger if necessary. So... if I could only have one? It would be a stainless No1 in 45/70. But first I have to find one. Been looking quite a while. I have nothing by other makers to replace that one.