I wish I had my Ruger _______ back!!!

Help Support Ruger Forum:

BearHawk 357

Single-Sixer
Most of us, at one time or another, have either sold or traded a gun, that we now regret, and wish that we could get back. I don't regret a whole bunch of anything in life. However, I do miss my old 357 Blackhawk. It was my first Ruger revolver. I should have never let that baby go. Boy, could that thing ever shoot. I wish that it could be back in my safe. I sold it, years ago, to help pay for my wedding. I'm now divorced and Blackhawkless. The things we do.....the things we do.

Anyway, fill in the blank: I wish that I had my old Ruger _______ back!!!

Cholo

Staff member
90's blue Bisley 6 1/2" .22. Beautiful, well fitted, accurate; but I thought I'd never carry it because of its weight. Traded it with 2 other choice guns for my 1st OM flattop. Wish I'd have just bought the FT.

j.r. ruger guy

Bearcat
a stainless P-85 , bought as soon as they came out . sold it to cover the cost of my wifes diamond. I have regretted selling that every day since . I never did buy another P-series gun, that was a great little gun

Dale53

Blackhawk
I have let go with a couple of Rugers but have never looked back. I have several of them, of course :mrgreen:, and have NO intention of getting rid of any of them.

In fact, this past year I picked up three new Rugers, 50th Anniversary .44 Magnum (for nostalgia reasons - always wanted one of the original Flattops but could never swing it for one reason or another), a .44 Lipsey Special (been waiting on that baby for fifty years - it is even better than promised) and the last one was a new Ruger SS Bisley .45 Colt/.45 ACP convertible (a VERY nice addition to my shooting "team").

FWIW
Dale53

Will Farr

Bearcat
I also regret selling a 357 Blackhawk many years ago. I think it was my first centerfire SA. I know it was the first gun I ever reloaded for, laboriously churning out the rounds with a plastic-hammer-operated Lee set. Just recently, I got to thinking about it and tried to locate the man I sold it to, but no luck yet.

americal

Hunter
Super single six--bought new in box in Huntsville Al. 1966 or 67--it was in a hardware store!! I know where it is :!: but the guy won't sell :x :evil: :twisted: :lol:

tookalisten

Blackhawk
My first handgun after turning 21 - Ruger Security Six 357 with a 6" barrel. I even had a nice shoulder holster for it.
However, in my defense, my wife was placed on bed rest at about 28 weeks of pregnancy, I was working 2 jobs, and a neighbor offered me $300 cash - we badly needed it at the time. That was over 20 years ago. I actually was not too crazy about that gun (I now like the SA better); but still wish I had it since it was my first.

tomiswho

Single-Sixer
I miss some guns I've had, a Colt Python comes to mind... but I have every (8?) Ruger I ever bought.

Onty

Single-Sixer
BearHawk 357":1u0pyfj3 said:
... However, I do miss my old 357 Blackhawk....I sold it, years ago, to help pay for my wedding. I'm now divorced and Blackhawkless. The things we do.....the things we do.

Anyway, fill in the blank: I wish that I had my old Ruger _______ back!!!

Some years ago, local guy was selling all his guns. When his buddies asked why, he told them that he is getting married and his fiancé told him to get rid of all guns or else… One older chap told him; "Son, she is not right wife for you, keep the guns and get rid of her, and find the girl that likes you just the way you are. If you don't, and get rid of you guns, she will get rid of you very soon". Young fella was appalled by such rudeness and told him to mind his own business. Well, few years later, that marriage was finished and young fella was calling folks who purchased guns from him, trying to buy them back. He managed to get few 22-s, but he never get some other guns he wanted badly.

Sugar River

Buckeye
There's two.

A stainless 4 5/8" 45 Convertible......

and a No 1 45-70 from 1980 with mouth watering wood.

Ah, what fools we be.

Pete

dougader

Hunter
The very first 45 Colt AccuSport Bisley I picked up. I needed cash and sold it. I've regretted it every since, even though I replaced it with several other 45 Colt revolvers since then.

BearHawk 357

Single-Sixer
Not a revolver but my #1V in 25-06. Sold at a time when I needed cash. I wish I still had it.

Danjet500,

I saw a used #1, in 25-06, at a shop in NE Ohio, the other day. Awesome wood....(on the rifle, that is).....they wanted $625 OTD for it. You could call them to see if they still have it. I'm not sure if they would want me to post their phone number on here or not. You could just google them to find out their contact info if you want. The name of the shop is: Valley Gun and Collectibles. Ask for Mike. Take care, man.

contender

Ruger Guru
I had a few get away from me years ago. A theft,, a hardship sale or two,, but it's that thing called "seller remorse" that made me QUIT selling off any Rugers.