I was surprised today

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Mobuck

Hawkeye
After a work meeting, I was showing off my folding stock AR PDW to a couple of the guys I work with. One commented "That's just too much of a good thing" and walked away. The other just grinned like the cat who just ate the canary and said "where can I get one like that?". Well it's not something you can just buy off the shelf but I'll take you to a store where you can get started. He's a single guy with a full time job and a part time job who can spend a grand if he wants so we trundled down to the local gun stuff store. I steered him into a good quality AR as a starter, showed him how to clean and lube it, and he headed home happy as a clam.
In return I got to talk to the business owner who seems interested in contributing to another blind Veteran hunt in 2024.

Bear Paw Jack

Hawkeye
With what's going on in this country, you never know what you are going to need. Got to admit AR PDW is a new one to me as well. Is that a 5.56 or a 308? Of course I know that there are several other options as well.

PDW = Personal Defense Weapon

Last edited:

Mobuck

Hawkeye
" Is that a 5.56 or a 308?"
300 AAC(BlackOut)
I finally have the parts needed to assemble a 9mm version which was my original intention. Some testing will be required before it replaces the 300 which is quite loud. A 7-8.5" 9mm is much less ear rattling than a 10.5" 300 which is on the order of a long barreled 357 magnum handgun(approx same powder charge/bullet weight).

Thanks for defining PDW.... as always I get confused over this stuff.
Then again sometimes I see these terms as attempting to be politically correct.
Almost as bad as some politician wanting to outlaw. AR's because their only function is to kill people...
when I read that somewhere I thought, isn't that the ultimate purpose of any gun?

good job Mobuck. My 'Angry Joe AR-14" has a folding stock too.