I thought I have heard them all!

Help Support Ruger Forum:

hr2lrn

Single-Sixer
You know how when you walk through a gun show, there is a story behind every used gun? "James Brown owned this one and carried it on stage", etc. I am sure you have heard them all. The best one that I have ever heard was "$300.00 NO STORY"; fellow had the sign written up on the table in front of the gun.

Well I thought I had heard them all BUT I have never heard this one before. Have any of you?

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewIt ... =175530519

Al James

Hunter
Doesn't everyone want at least one potential murder weapon in their collection? :shock:

mohavesam

Hawkeye
"This gun is the EXACT same gun that was being cleaned in my living room, when my daughter's prom date came to the door."

:shock:

Snake45

Hawkeye
Al James":16ik6aai said:
Doesn't everyone want at least one potential murder weapon in their collection? :shock:
$775 (for a $200-$300 gun) AND Bad Karma to boot? What's not to like? :roll:

Maybe it comes with a free kick in the 'nards, too. :lol:

CajunBass

Single-Sixer
About thirty years ago, my aunt shot/killed her husband (my uncle of course) then shot/killed herself. I know at one time my cousin had the gun she used, and afaik, still has it.

It wouldn't add anything to a gun I was buying, but wouldn't hurt it either. I've got a few com-bloc milsurps that I'm sure have been used to kill a few people at one time or another.

resident

Single-Sixer
rooger":1kyui08r said:
The seller may be telling the truth. Read on (SCROLL all the way down):
http://www.pe.com/localnews/yahoo/stori ... e2b70.html

HA HA HA! That is one of the OLDEST TRICKS AROUND! Find a story...any story... and then tie the object to it!

I once nearly bought an airplane that had none of it's early maintenance records (logbooks). The story told was that the books were lost twenty years earlier in a hangar fire while the airplane was out on a flight.
I called the librarian in that town and asked them to research old newspaper articles about a hangar fire. Next day, my fax machine had a COPY of the original article detailing how the hangar completely burned and the flight school lost all it's aircraft-records. Feeling confident about the story, I called the seller to make an appointment to close the deal, and then called the librarian to thank her for the research and pay the research-fee. She was very polite and asked me why I was so interested in that story, and I told her I was buying one of the old flight school's airplanes, and she mentioned how "ironic" she felt it was because her ex-husband (now divorced) was a former airplane mechanic at that flight school. She mentioned he taught aircraft maintenance at the junior college in St Louis. So I called the college and asked for the professor, and he also confimed the story. GREAT, I thought.... but the prof kept talking. Which tail (registration) number airplane are you buying?, he asked. I told him.
He said..."funny... I can't recall that particular tail number....I thought I'd be able to remember better than this!"
Well...I said, here's what you wrote in it's logbook.... and I read it to him.
"That doesn't sound like the way I'd word a sentence", so I got his fax number, and sent him a copy. He called me back to tell me "THAT's not my signature! That's a forgery!"

Someone, some where, KNEW of that hangar fire, and they had an airplane with a sorry maintenance history, so they tossed those logbooks years ago and created NEW logs, the first entry relating the hangar fire and then continuing for several years to the present time. The airplane being sold....was NOT the airplane the logbooks claimed to represent!

I was just lucky that while in college, I had worked as a library research-assistant and knew libraries would do research for a fee.... and I was VERY lucky that by pure chance, the librarian I had called in Ohio had by pure coincidence been married to a mechanic at that hangar, and that I could find and talk to him!

Of course, guns don't have logbooks. But the point is, that a good liar, knows how to create the image that the lie will fit. Just like a good magician will make you believe you saw what he wants you to believe you saw. :twisted:

BlkHawk73

Hunter
Kinda like the folks that say their gun is "one of a kind" because the serial number is unique to that gun. :roll: Anything to make it sound special and deserve the inflated price.

BlkHawk73

Hunter
No actual descriptions of the items just the same story given for each. No pictures either. Listed as being in CA too. Wonder if they have the shipping plans all lined up if they even know and understand them.

I_Like_Pie

Blackhawk
Friend of mine got kicked off my local forum for selling a Marlin 336 with the descrtiption

"Used by a general in the Spanish-American war."

BlkHawk73

Hunter
3 days later and I'm STILL awaiting a response from the seller. I asked about some pictures for an item and for a description of the item rather than the story given.

hr2lrn

Single-Sixer
seems like Gunbroker scratched all of his ads! Obviously someone alerted them as to the potential fraud.

Latest posts