I think I'm finished with my Mark IV upgrades.

Help Support Ruger Forum:

AzShooter1

Single-Sixer
QHVnzCil.jpg

This weekend I took my Ruger Mark IV 22/45 lite and decided to change it around a bit. It now boasts a Volquartsen LLV-6 barrel with a Vortex Venom Sight. I've been shooting C-Mores for years and wanted to try a Reflex type of sight. It weighs nothing and keeps the gun balanced. It also has a good field of view and a 6 minute dot was up to 10 intensity settings.

I also added a Bill Striplin Thumb Rest and Extended Safety Release.

Trigger is mostly Volquartsen but I added a Tandemkross Victory Trigger. I like the straight design.

It shoots like a rifle, grouping under and inch at 25 yards from a rest.

I now think I'm done upgrading it. I even got to get the lead out of the compensator by using a new Sonic Cleaner and The Dip. In eight minutes on the cleaner I was able to get all the lead out of my compensator. Before this I would have to let it sit in the mixture for hours and then still had to use dental picks to dig out the lead.

22/45 Fan

Hunter
With all of those changes I wonder if you can really call it a MkIV! I guess the serial number is still original.

I still have a C-More on my MkIV Target but Venoms on three other guns and I'm beginning to think the Venom's smaller size and weight is a real advantage.

xtratoy

Buckeye
22/45 Fan said:
With all of those changes I wonder if you can really call it a MkIV! I guess the serial number is still original.

I still have a C-More on my MkIV Target but Venoms on three other guns and I'm beginning to think the Venom's smaller size and weight is a real advantage.

Are the MK4's serialized differently than the II's and III's? If not, replacing the barreled upper receiver assembly would change the serial number.

Achigan

Single-Sixer
JohnFLand said:
What is "the dip?" Some concoction that can be home brewed?
The Dip is white vinegar and hydrogen peroxide. When used to clean lead from firearms/suppressors it creates lead acetate. HIGHLY TOXIC! The lead can be absorbed thru the skin. It's a hazardous material. Etc. etc etc.

AzShooter1

Single-Sixer
The Vortex is about $250. I got mine on sale for $200.

I've been using C-Mores for the longest time and wanted to try a smaller reflex sight. The Vortex fit the bill. It has a good window and the battery life is 1 year. Easy to install. Brightness is great.