I Think I Solved My SR1911 Failure To Feed Problem

Help Support Ruger Forum:

mikewriter

Blackhawk
I don't have a Ruger 1911, but I have a Taurus and a Para, and recently sold a Springfield Mil Spec. I quickly went to Wilson mags in all of them, even the
Taurus that didn't have any feeding problems. The factory mags from the other two were not very good. Amazing that the same pistol that jams with it's own factory mag runs flawlessly with a Wilson mag.

IOwnRugers

Bearcat
That gun is long gone. I asked Ruger to replace it and they did. They didn't have any Nightwatchman models in stock and weren't bringing the line up for a while so I asked them to put my NW Novak night sights and black grips on a regular stainless model and they did. I like natural stainless better anyway so I'm happy. I haven't had one failure to feed with the same mags or any other mags so something was definitely wrong with that gun.

20150416_230149smallNoSN_zpsx0o84n2a.jpg

Bearcat

Blackhawk
IOwnRugers said:
That gun is long gone. I asked Ruger to replace it and they did. They didn't have any Nightwatchman models in stock and weren't bringing the line up for a while so I asked them to put my NW Novak night sights and black grips on a regular stainless model and they did. I like natural stainless better anyway so I'm happy. I haven't had one failure to feed with the same mags or any other mags so something was definitely wrong with that gun.

20150416_230149smallNoSN_zpsx0o84n2a.jpg

Nice looking. I know that you had a lot of trouble, but in the end the great Ruger customer service has come through again. Sweet pistola!