I should have left her alone...

Help Support Ruger Forum:

papaSR9

Single-Sixer
but there she was, laying there inviting me to touch and hold her. I gazed at her beauty, her balanced curves had a flow to it. I wanted to feel her in my hands and firmly grip her. Suddenly someone behind a counter broke the spell and asked me if I needed help. I pointed and said, let me see this one. He reached under the glass and brought her out. Ruger Blackhawk, Bisley, 44magnum.

I am obviously a Ruger fan and owner of a couple semi-auto pistols and I have only glanced at their line of revolvers until now. I was at the local gun superstore today and it was surprisingly not crowded so I took the opportunity to look at some of firearms that any other time I wouldn't have a salesperson at my beck and call. I held her, looked her over, checked the action. I love the lines and flow of the curves, how comfortably she felt in my hands, and how smooth the action was. I'm hooked and she is now on my 'get list'. I don't normally give my firearms a designation but this one is a her and she is a beaut'.

I wonder, given how much I was struck by her that I would even fire a round through her and that she might become a safe queen. Not sure but the price seemed pretty good, under 600.00. If I had that on hand, I would have snatched her up that minute. I think those of you out there understand the captivation I felt and still feel. This revolver just 'fit' the right way with me. I can't wait until I get the chance to bring her home.

papaSR9

Single-Sixer
Hi Stoots,

Actually, as I stated, I wasn't able to purchase it, but it is now high on my 'get list'. Marvelous revolver and again, I can't wait to pick one up.

contender

Ruger Guru
I strongly suggest you return & get it or at least put a deposit on it. Otherwise,, it'll disappear & you'll regret NOT getting it.

Rclark

Hunter
I recently picked up a Ruger .45 Colt Bisley for just over $600.... So under is 'good'. I would run, don't walk, and do as contender suggests.... I've missed out more often then not, by walking away, and coming back a week later (or in some cases an hour) ... and gone..... So when I saw this sitting in the case, it didn't leave my hand (well, I did have to let go to fill out the paper work and dig out the credit card/licence/CCP).... Hah! This was the first one I've seen in many years on display.

Greg Mercurio

Single-Sixer
A couple of years back my wife and I were browsing the used section of our local gun shop. On the wall was a Bisley in .44 Mag. Priced at $295!!! I asked the salesperson if I could examine it and he got it out, I handled it, liked it. I asked him if it had been mismarked at that price. He said no, so I took it to the counter and did the deal. It had almost no wear, actually looked new. My wife took a liking to the ergonomics and claimed it for herself. Poor me, she lets me shoot it once in a while.

Ruger SA revolvers are almost as addictive as No. 1's. :mrgreen: