I seem to be warming up to these OM Bearcats - pics

Help Support Ruger Forum:

VonFatman

Blackhawk
I'm no collector, but these little guns sure do have "range appeal". My second Bearcat arrived at my FFL today and I have to say that I am mighty grateful to have a second.

I will take both to the range tomorrow. My son is going to enjoy this range trip! I will too!

Interesting how accumulating goes...new (to me) guns keeps the hobby interesting. One of my good friends introduced me to OM Rugers and after some consideration and appreciation of the the lock-work & handling (in fact after I got to cock and dry-fire one or two...) it would seem they are now a gun(s) that catch my eye.

A few pics...

Bob

standard.jpg

standard.jpg

standard.jpg

standard.jpg

standard.jpg

oh yes, indeed, they will 'grow on you..." there are a bunch of them around here also.....very nice pictures , of a couple of "fine looking, early 'cats..."
that #17,xxx gun is very close to one of Lauras in that range, that also happens to be an "S" Bearcat.........hhhmmm 8)

americal

Hunter
A good cup of coffee :) look alike bearcats 8) PLENTY of BULLETS :!: :!: & a range with your son :D don't get no better-- I can smell the coffee now :wink:

VonFatman

Blackhawk
Thanks everyone. I can see I'm not the only one who enjoys these little guns. I actually prefer it over my S&W M34-1...

My son & I had a blast. The gun got lots of attention. He also liked my NM Flat-top (.44 Special)...the one Mr. Munden worked over...in fact, so did several other guys at the range.

Bob

REP1954

Blackhawk
VonFatman, Always a pleasure to see a nice photo spread of a couple of sweet little Bearcats like those.

flatgate

Hawkeye
VonFatman":38ptfkno said:
Thanks gents...
I have found it difficult to have "just one"

Bob

Oh-oh! I believe that sounds like the makings of a Bearcat Collector!

Then you'll end up bowing to peer pressure and dragging your poor old 'cats to some far off Gun Show and setting up a display!

110825329.jpg

When the Promoter hands you a fat cheque and shakes your hand you'll be ready for the "Bearcat Support Group", otherwise known as Ruger Forum!

:D

All tongue in cheek, of course.....

flatgate

VonFatman

Blackhawk
Nice display flatgate! Real nice. You got it REAL bad.

When are you bringing that nice display to the Missouri Valley Arms Collector's Show? (KC) You'd certainly be "in the money" with that set-up!

If you are interested in information on our collector's show in July (I know, hot air and humidity...vs. the Star Valley in summer....hmmmm....tough decision)...drop me an e-mail or PM.

Thanks for sharing.

Bob