I respectfully disagree

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Paul B

Hunter
Normally, I carry a Colt Combat Commander in .45 ACP. An 8 round magzine and one up the spout. Back up magazines should they be necessary are two 10 round Wilsons. Back up to all that is an S&W M60 .38 Spl. and two speed loaders. And yes, I know exactly what a New York reload is.

However, with all my medical problems and the fact it's against the law to carry in a hospital or other medical facility the .45 sometimes stays at home and only the M60 comes along for the ride. It's a lot easier to hide in my vehicles than the .45.

It all boils down to what Elmer Keith said. "I believe every man should scratch his own fleas in whatever manner he chooses."
Paul B..

beentheredone

Single-Sixer
If you set your mind on thinking of every scenario where you might need more than 5, or 6 or 9 or 18 rounds, well, the sky's the limit. Don't leave the house without a belt-fed weapon and an ammo carrier.

If you're carrying a gun, your mind had better be on, #1, how to avoid a fight, and, #2, how you're going to stop the fight you can't avoid with the number of rounds you've got onboard, be it 5 or 50.

JackAsinus

Single-Sixer
My EDC is an SP101. I also carry a Galco 2x2x2 belt ammunition carrier.

It seems to do the pinch for me and the areas that I live and work.

I'm in the Chicago area so your situation may be more dangerous than mine.

Stay safe.

Easily the worst reason I've read in this thread, to carry multiple backup magazines, is to lay down suppressive fire. You are responsible for every round you send down range. Suppressive fire is never excusable in the use of personal defense.
My personal goal is to avoid having to shoot someone.

In karate I was taught situational awareness. I use it. If I go to the big city I've my LCP Max plus an extra mag. I also have my KelTec P-11, plus a 15 rnd mag (S&W 59). Bumming around the farm I carry my Charter Arms Bulldog in .44 spcl, with two speedloaders. In 20 years only reloaded once. I go to small towns with my Charter Arms or LCP. I don't feel undergunned ever.
gramps