I REALLY APPRECIATE MY RUGER'S

Help Support Ruger Forum:

bigbob

Single-Sixer
I don't say alot but this is for real. I have a P-89 and a P-94 and I always thought they were good guns but after buying a Signa, I REALLY APPRECIATE MY RUGER'S. WOW WHAT A DIFFERENCE BETWEEN QUALITY AND S&W. Right next door to me at the range was a guy with a S&W rifle that he just bought that was jaming all of the time, he was not happy either. GIVE ME MY RUGER ANYTIME!!!! After the rebate, the price on the Signa :lol: should be $10.00

bigkev98

Bearcat
I purhased the 9mm Sigma a couple years ago, took it to the range after shooting 125 rds with FTF and FTE every mag sold it and bought a P95. I know Rugers has some problems every once in a while, but for price, reliability,and service I have to say it's Rugers for me too!

welder

Buckeye
I have more Ruger guns, (all types) than any other. I always felt a better value couldn't be had. I understand their customer service is great too, I just never had to use it. What few little bumps I have had with them were table topped remedied, or solved with a free part from the factory.

The very first gun I bought with my own money and free choice was a blued Single six with both cyls. Then came the SP's and the Mini's and M77's and Black hawks and so it goes.....

rds801

Bearcat
Yup, my Ruger shoots nice, when it shoots. Having "the slide staying open with ammo in the mag" problem. Had to do a little bit of filing, something I shouldn't have to do. Haven't taken it back out yet.

revhigh

Hawkeye
bigbob":muoicp1z said:
I don't say alot but this is for real. I have a P-89 and a P-94 and I always thought they were good guns but after buying a Signa, I REALLY APPRECIATE MY RUGER'S. WOW WHAT A DIFFERENCE BETWEEN QUALITY AND S&W. Right next door to me at the range was a guy with a S&W rifle that he just bought that was jaming all of the time, he was not happy either. GIVE ME MY RUGER ANYTIME!!!! After the rebate, the price on the Signa :lol: should be $10.00

I tend to agree with your assessment BB, but there are several right here that will sing the Sigma's praises. I think they LOOK cheap, FEEL cheap, and OPERATE flimsily (is that a word ?), so I know where you're coming from.

REV

waynejitsu

Single-Sixer
I bought an SR9,
A couple of days later, my dad bought a Sigma.
We met to compare guns.
After reading all the bad about the SR9, I "thought" the Sigma was going to be much nicer than the SR9.

People talk about "bad" SR9 triggers..., you want to feel bad- just pick up a Sigma!!! (long, hard, long, heavy, creepy, etc)
I was soooo glad I bought the SR9, it is a MUCH nicer gun, feels better, looks better, handles better, everything about it is better:)

welder

Buckeye
rds801":361v1xsb said:
Yup, my Ruger shoots nice, when it shoots. Having "the slide staying open with ammo in the mag" problem. Had to do a little bit of filing, something I shouldn't have to do. Haven't taken it back out yet.

I had a Kahr K40 do that. New gun. Broke the take down/recoil pin on the 36th round. I had just handed it off to a range buddy. Kahr sent me a new one. I could not get through a single mag without the lock back problem. Sent it back after I got two more mags for it and that didn't help. It was returned with a slip that read "replaced recoil spring/take down pin, again. Still the same. I traded it with my LGS and told him about it. I don't know what he did with it. All told, gun, shipping, mags, ammo frustration, several hundred dollars. I'll bet Ruger will take a lot better care of you than Kahr did for me. :(

Latest posts