I must of missed the memo..

Help Support Ruger Forum:

hey, just look at ANY given 'gun show' anywhere in the country, as soon as the 'regulars ' hear the Ruger collectors are coming ( such as a display show), the prices of ANY and ALL Ruger stuff, goes through the ceiling....they KNOW you guys pay way tooo much, ALL the time...takes me months to bring them back down to reality....my wife Laura will tell them just what SHE thinks, and walks away.............history folks, thats all it is.
Now e-bay is just moving it alll along...thats why they will always go there first, before dumping it at ANY gun, show....look here even, if you guys don't buy it...it;s "off to the auction....." :roll:

I rest my case........................I'll wait for my "deals" at the show...... :wink: .

radicalrod

Hunter
Gosh I have had several discussions about the state of prices in this hobby we have......GOOD RARE GUNS sell for less now then in the early eighties.....and can still be difficult to sell.....I agree with FT44 we should be glad to see new blood pay for good stuff....if no new guys get excited who are we going to dump all this crap off on some day.....I don't know about you guys but I hope I don't live forever I am tired already :D :D :D see ya RR.

Johnnu2

Hunter
radicalrod":10ggeuiq said:
....if no new guys get excited who are we going to dump all this crap off on some day......
I've been telling that to Hawkeye#28 for 30 yrs.... :) John N.

HAWKEYE#28

Staff member
Johnnu2":3pxuybls said:
radicalrod":3pxuybls said:
....if no new guys get excited who are we going to dump all this crap off on some day......
I've been telling that to Hawkeye#28 for 30 yrs.... :) John N.

Yes, John I know.........That's why i bought that Kudlas engraved OM 357 from you.........Should have bought that '62 Vette Fuelie as well.......The best idea was to not ever go back to that limestone quarry to target shoot, Hmm? 8)

Johnnu2

Hunter
I KNOW.....I'm an enabler Mikey...........who doesn't always listen to his own advice .... I still have the 357FT that you suggested I buy for $50 at the Roch. gun show back in the '70's. I MISS THOSE DAYS :roll:

Johnnu2":ktg4qt9m said:
I KNOW.....I'm an enabler Mikey...........who doesn't always listen to his own advice .... I still have the 357FT that you suggested I buy for $50 at the Roch. gun show back in the '70's. I MISS THOSE DAYS :roll:

But How much $$$ were you making back then? How much did you have to spend on the extra's?

It seems to be about the same to me....

Johnnu2

Hunter
We barely had enough money for ammo back then......... But I do miss going to a gun show almost every weekend with "28"; and stopping at a quarry to blast off a few rounds :shock: