I made a mistake!!!!!

Help Support Ruger Forum:

#1rugerman

Single-Sixer
My wife has trouble racking the slide on her ppk and her sp101 is too heavy to carry all the time so I decided to let her try a lcr. So we went to a gun shop and she was handed one with the ct laser grips. It was love at first sight she really liked the laser (not to crazy about the size of the grips-kind of small compaired to the hogue's on her sp101 but she thought that they would be ok. So now she has a lcr with ct grips and now I have to find a load that she can handle and adjust the laser to point of hit. Haven't shot it yet, maybe today. Now maybe I'll get my ppk back.

#1rugerman

Single-Sixer
Yes she likes my guns alright. First she adopted by service 6 for a carry gun, but it was too big, then she decided that my old charter arms 38 would be the ticket, it got stolen out of her car so I got her a sp101 dao and she carried it til she adopted my ppk now she's looking foward to the lcr so the pressure is on me to develope a load that won't kick too much and is fairly accurate. I'm going to try out 2 loads today before I go hunting to try and get a feel for the gun. I can't complain she doesn't care if I buy guns, just gives me that look you kinow the one-do you really need another gun, don't you already have one like that.

Snake45

Hawkeye
#1rugerman":2bmfpznv said:
...the pressure is on me to develope a load that won't kick too much and is fairly accurate.
Save yourself some trouble. Just load the thing up with common, cheap 148 grain "target" wadcutters. Cheap, accurate, light-kicking, and they punch a hella hole in dangerous slime. Jury-friendly, too. What's not to like? :wink:

#1rugerman

Single-Sixer
Tried 2 loads, 158gr swc cast at about 900fps and a 148gr hbwc seated reversed at about 800fps. Tried them at about 2:30 pm in bright sunshine at 50 ft laser was not visible (target was a piece of butcher paper-white- with a black circle drawn in the center) had to move to 25 ft to see the dot. Both loads printed about 2 inches high at that distance. 148gr load not to bad, 158gr load was a bit rough on my arthritic hands. So i ordered some 110 and 125gr jhc bullets to try. Trigger was pretty smooth, grip is a bit small for my large hands. Also shot my keltec pf9 with some 80gr jhc ammo that travels at about 1250fps shot a bit high, recoil was manageable, didn't hurt my hands at all, I like it!!!

deac45

Single-Sixer
Snake45":3uei1g1t said:
#1rugerman":3uei1g1t said:
...the pressure is on me to develope a load that won't kick too much and is fairly accurate.
Save yourself some trouble. Just load the thing up with common, cheap 148 grain "target" wadcutters. Cheap, accurate, light-kicking, and they punch a hella hole in dangerous slime. Jury-friendly, too. What's not to like? :wink:

+1!

#1rugerman

Single-Sixer
Got the 110 & 125gr jhc bullets and loaded up a couple of dozen of each, took them out yeaterday, luckily it was a little overcast so the laser was easy to see. Both shoot to point of aim (laser & open sights) at 35ft, 10 rounds (5 of each) slow fire with laser would fit into the bottom of a beer can (3-4inches), recoil was lots less than the prevoius loads. I think she is going to like them, we'll see this weekend weather permiting.