I LOVE MY WIFE

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Stuckinga

Bearcat
The wife and I agreed, no more gun purchases for awhile. We had the truck loaded to go to the shooting range, with my new to me GP 100 4" and my GP 100 3" that I had taken to the range last month . Well, first she had a doctors appt. that I had to drop her off at , told her I'd just be around town waiting on her. Of course, the local gun shop wasn't that far away, and there in the corner of the display case on the bottom shelf tucked away behind the newer guns lay a police service six, calling to me. Well, my wife was calling too, forgot and left my cell phone in the truck and she was out of the doctors waitng on me, how did she know to call the gun shop looking for me? Anyway told her about the gun and my birthday coming up and instead of taking me to Hooters I'd just get the gun. She told me to go ahead and get the gun.

winterwood

Single-Sixer
Congratulations! Good choices in guns and wife.

I wonder if the results would have been the same if you had said O'Charley's and not Hooters.

Redstick

Single-Sixer
I had to drop my girlfriend at the dentist awhile back and went to the gun shop to kill some time... I look around the gun shop some and then look up and there she is! :shock: Then I realized the cell phone was in my truck. :oops: Of course, I didn't have to get permission to buy any guns; hutchman had already been there ahead of me and bought anything worthwhile! :twisted:

onesureshot

Bearcat
The cell phone thing makes me laugh. I started leaving mine in the truck when I go in gun shops, as a few years ago I went three for three with the wife calling me just as I was getting ready to fill out the paperwork. We joked about it being her women's intuition to call me as I was trying to buy a new toy. I told her I would make it easier on myself and just leave the phone in the truck. She told me as long as one of them is for her once in a while that would be OK. Now if I miss a call, the first thing she asks me when I call her back is what I just bought, lol. :D

Chuckbuster

Single-Sixer
It was a couple days before my anniversary a couple years ago. I got home from work and wifey complained about something under the bed, she "thought the cat had killed a mouse and left it there". I look under bed and find a gun case. Inside the gun case is a Win. 71 that she knew I had my eye on at the local shop!

Kevin

roaddog28

Single-Sixer
Stuckinga":i28hz5t1 said:
The wife and I agreed, no more gun purchases for awhile. We had the truck loaded to go to the shooting range, with my new to me GP 100 4" and my GP 100 3" that I had taken to the range last month . Well, first she had a doctors appt. that I had to drop her off at , told her I'd just be around town waiting on her. Of course, the local gun shop wasn't that far away, and there in the corner of the display case on the bottom shelf tucked away behind the newer guns lay a police service six, calling to me. Well, my wife was calling too, forgot and left my cell phone in the truck and she was out of the doctors waitng on me, how did she know to call the gun shop looking for me? Anyway told her about the gun and my birthday coming up and instead of taking me to Hooters I'd just get the gun. She told me to go ahead and get the gun.
I will take a Police Service Six any day over Hooters. I bought one back in January and love the revolver. Its stronger than my Smith and Wesson 66. Now if I only had a understanding wife like yours so I can buy a GP100 stainless 4".

roaddog28