I love my dad! New to me old model single six

Help Support Ruger Forum:

My dad turns 80 this August and he is still suppressing me. I recently passed my electrical exam and was on the look out for a single six to replace the one I gave to my nephew for his high school graduation. So I asked dad if he was interested in selling me his. He replied " wouldn't you rather have a three screw? " I told him I have been looking at the 5 gun stores in my area and nobody has anything but the new Wrangler. He tells me to be patient and something will turn up. His nice way of letting me know I will have to fight my brothers for his. :lol: Yesterday dad calls me and asked if I was going to be home and if he could come over. We live about 45 miles apart better to call first. About an hour later dad is at my front door with a big smile on his face. He hands me a Ruger box and says congratulations on passing your electrical exam.

In the box was a six digit serial number Single Six! Wow what a dad. I was speechless. We took it and a few other gun to the range and had a really good time together. I'm so thankful for my dad and that he is still healthy enough for us to get out and spend time together doing something we both enjoy.

Tom

Johnnu2

Hunter
TRIFECTA...
passed an important exam
got a 3-screw Ruger
lucky to have a great dad who loves guns (and you)
WELCOME TO OUR FORUM...

J.

contender

Ruger Guru
Congratulations all around! As noted above,, a superb trifecta!

While you may only have (2) posts,, I see you've been registered for many years. WELCOME back & don't be a stranger!