I like gun shows.

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Drove up to Louisville this weekend and took in the "Show of Shows" military and gun show at the Expo center. It was massive and one could spend a week going through it all. I did pick up something I had been wanting for a while. A vintage Ruger Blackhawk in .357. It is a "3 screw" classic made in 1967. Got it at a great price, too.

Attachments

• Ruger Blackhawk .357.jpg
    Ruger Blackhawk .357.jpg
    232.3 KB · Views: 53
Been to many gun shows in the 4 states I lived in. PA was the best, for buying and selling. Auctions, estate sales, and garage/yard sales were good too. Like seeing the many for sale and handling them. Sometimes you find a bargain.

XP100

Blackhawk
I got out of NY as soon as I could after they passed the law ALL firearms sale had to go thru an FFL and I had to get permission to sell ammo in my shop.

larry8

Single-Sixer
Love the gun shows, but I go at 9AM (opening time) so it isn't very crowded till around 11 AM when I usually leave. Picked up a new Ruger Security 380 for $300. Thought it was a good price as its listed on the Ruger website for $369.

I got out of NY as soon as I could after they passed the law ALL firearms sale had to go thru an FFL and I had to get permission to sell ammo in my shop.
Your logic is sound, in most cases. But, in the case of the big show in Louisville that I posted about, you would have been in bad shape if you showed up at opening time. This one opened at 9:00 and we arrived at a little after 8:00 and got a pretty good position in line. By opening time, the line was over 1/4 mile long!

XP100

Blackhawk
Your logic is sound, in most cases. But, in the case of the big show in Louisville that I posted about, you would have been in bad shape if you showed up at opening time. This one opened at 9:00 and we arrived at a little after 8:00 and got a pretty good position in line. By opening time, the line was over 1/4 mile long!
There are at least 40 to 50 gun shows every year within 75 miles of my place. Both big and small. A person without an FFL can go and buy and sell at them. Some hae long lines at opening time.