I know I'm late to the party,

Help Support Ruger Forum:

turd

Blackhawk
but wifey and I went to see Top Gun Maverick yesterday on our 39 anniversary. Wow! There was some serious flying being done there. Wonder whom they found to fly those things, current Navy guys? Yeah, I know they can do a lot of faking things, but some of that was really amazing.

IMHO, though, the best scene in the movie was when Penny's daughter caught Maverick jumping out the window. BUSTED! 😁

turd

Blackhawk
It WAS pretty silly, and that was my point. It made laugh because they were making such a big deal out of it and got caught. Truth be told, the whole movie was kind of silly, but had some awesome flying in it.

contender

Ruger Guru
Tom was flying his own P-51 in the movie at the end from what I know. And the actors were required to fly in the F-18's to get a real feel of what they should be doing. Apparently, the actors got a LOT of air time doing stuff for the movie. (Color me jealous.)
But I too enjoyed the flying & all.

Like all other movies for the past decade or so, I will wait for TG Maverick to be available on a streaming service at no extra cost to watch it.
My wife and I both think movie theaters are on their way out. I’m not sure they are relevant any longer.

So many technologies have come and gone, honestly the movie theater will be just another page in the history books, next to Eastman Kodak, or the Sears Catalog.

I’m glad to hear the movie is good though, I can’t wait to watch it from the comfort of my living room. :)

RRM

Single-Sixer
After hearing about how great the Imax footage was in it, I really wanted to see it. It was in our Imax for 2.4 seconds--replaced by the 7th or whatever dino movie.

Thanatos

Bearcat
but wifey and I went to see Top Gun Maverick yesterday on our 39 anniversary. Wow! There was some serious flying being done there. Wonder whom they found to fly those things, current Navy guys? Yeah, I know they can do a lot of faking things, but some of that was really amazing.

IMHO, though, the best scene in the movie was when Penny's daughter caught Maverick jumping out the window. BUSTED! 😁
You were suppose to include a spoiler alert.
Well that ship has sailed.
Its a cool moving grossing to over a Billion $.
I am sure it must have been a lot of work.

arctic

Single-Sixer
Like all other movies for the past decade or so, I will wait for TG Maverick to be available on a streaming service at no extra cost to watch it.
I hear what you’re saying, but of all the movies, this one is worth to watch in IMAX if possible. ;)

arctic

Single-Sixer
My wife and I both think movie theaters are on their way out. I’m not sure they are relevant any longer.

So many technologies have come and gone, honestly the movie theater will be just another page in the history books, next to Eastman Kodak, or the Sears Catalog.

I’m glad to hear the movie is good though, I can’t wait to watch it from the comfort of my living room. :)
Oh, even though I seen it at the theater, I’ll be purchasing it for home viewing as well. I don’t watch regular TV, but I do love my movies, lol

contender

Ruger Guru
As noted above,, some movies are well worth the cost of seeing it on the big screen & in IMAX. This was one of them.
And we may only go to one or two movies a year, as we also wait on many to be available on TV.

nvbirdman

Blackhawk
I had a free $15 debit card from someplace or other and I used that for the movie and popcorn. Well worth the non-price.

jimbo1096

Buckeye
I took my grandsons to see it. Thought it was pretty good, but really wanted to see it on the Imax but it was sold out. The flying was great, and Tom Cruise has his own flying skills, since he became very interested in flying after the original TG. I thought the second was better than the first, more flying and less sniveling and mushy parts. Plus I got the Appleby's coupon for a free ticket.
Worth the visit to the theater for once.

Latest posts