I just shot my GP100 for the first time

Help Support Ruger Forum:

JereRuger

Bearcat
And I enjoyed it! I shot at 15 yards and put 55 .38 specials and 5 .357 magnums through the thing. I cleaned it with minimal effort and now it looks as good as new. It was a fun shoot and I prefer shooting it much more than my .38 special snubnose S&W Airweight. I have a 6 inch SS GP100. I love knowing that I can put .357 mags through this thing all day long without crapping it out. This makes it a fun shoot. I am going to try avoid putting reloads into it though, I've heard too many horror stories. Cheers!

Jimbo357mag

Hawkeye
Congrats and welcome. That 6" GP will eat-up those 357mags all day. Just be careful with those 38specials and leaving deposits in the cylinder holes. If too much crud builds-up in the cylinder holes pressures can go up when chambering 357's. I always shoot 357's first and 38's later, and then clean after each range visit. :D :D

...Jimbo

firescout

Bearcat
JereRuger":5ssy9w5a said:
...I am going to try avoid putting reloads into it though, I've heard too many horror stories...

I don't shoot anybody else's handloads in my guns, either. Only my handloads or factory ammo.

Pal Val

Buckeye
+1 to Firescout. Have no fear of shooting handloads you have made with all due care and precauton. The generalized experience is that with some practice and experience, you can tailor safe and reliable loads that will outperform factory loads. Factory loads are "one size fits all", meaning that they are a compromise not necessarily fitting your particular firearm.

Someone else's handloads? You never know. Not knowing is a bad thing.

GP100man

Buckeye
WELCOME TO RUGER FORUM.com

been shootin rugers from the get go & love em too!!

i don`t even own -----yes i got a box of 38+p Hydroshocks in the wifes night stand .

i have`nt shot a factory rnd. since `83-`84 i`ve loaded every one of em.

when ya get 2-300 brass pm me & we`ll deal